• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

/login [pilot name]

Started by Saloei, January 19, 2005, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saloei

hello,
im trying to start the game using "/login sabor" in my properties>target shortcut. im not using quotations. i did try it with quotations.
does this option work?
from what i understand, this option allows me to load straight into my options menu; is this correct?
any suggestions on getting this command to work?

Red Devil

Try using a minus sign instead of the slash.
What box???

Ungodly

Oh ya, I'm stuck on this one too ... I've tried this in many ways:
"C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe" -login "Sphinctis"
then ...
/login "Sphinctis"
-login Sphinctis
-login sphinctis
-login "sphinctis"
/login "sphinctis"

Even tried deleting out the "Sphinctis" pilot (as typed in the login screen) from my pilot list and tried the above combinations.  Then added the name back in and another name (yes another creative one) and retried the combinations.  All to no success.  Anybody ever get this to work?  It's something rather small, but as many times as i play (this is my therapy) it'd be nice to pass up the login screen.

PhoeniX-FlamE

try +login

hmmm I know +nick or something like that works... bah now I forgot, I'll go check

Bull

I hadn't tried that commandline before,but you guys are correct,it doesn't work as stated in the readme. fyi, doesn't matter whether you use +,-, or / for a commandline according to the readme.Hopefully one of the testers can set us straight on this one.

PhoeniX-FlamE

Ungodly

Nope, sorry Phoenix ... -/+name is for the name of a hosted multiplayer session.  Tried it and still doesn't do anything for the login screen.

OvermindDL1

The +, -, or / does the same thing, the system parses everything after that.  The only time those matter is when the program reads in the arg list en masse rather then section by section.  I doubt BZ2 reads it in en masse, so it really should not matter which is used.

Red Devil

Is this just for running benchmarks/recorded sessions?
What box???