• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Great Job on 1.3!!!

Started by StoopidHuman, January 22, 2005, 07:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Yea, that is something I am having to work on in my mod for UT2k4.  I have the research system down to being controlled by one thing, rather then in individual buildings like in most RTS's, and amd working on a controlling scheme.  Lately I've programmed in a scheme for laying out the words (and that is a highely constricted term mind you, for what I've done).  It is difficult finding a perfect balance though.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

A 'hunt' command would be nice and useful. It was in battlezone 1 for all units.

They would go in a search pattern following pre written paths, which were randomly selected (i think, dont know much about programming).

As for scouts and pools? how about just make the scouts Paint the pools for the comander so he can place scavs long range.

Fishbone

This is all mod teritory and most of it is possible in 1.3
There are certainly ways to make hunt work the way you described it.
There are also ways to extend the command menu to give new commands, like ScavKill or whatever (mainly a dll-cfg combo)
However, the problem lies, as always in our community, in the execution.

Mother's Helper

I guess I am one of the Vet's (sorta).  Been playing BZII just after it first came out, but not consistantly, like some others here on the forum.

I too miss the "hunt" command in BZII - I have no idea why it was not included in BZII, when it was a usefull feature in the original BZ.  

Plus, I can understand your hopefull feelings about a BZIII in production.  That indeed would be a nice thing, but Activisioin and Pandemic seem to be following the standard movie-turning-in-to-video-game trap.

It is a shame, actually.

Mother's Helper

Bull Dog

Quote from: Mother's Helper*Snip Snip*

I too miss the "hunt" command in BZII - I have no idea why it was not included in BZII, when it was a usefull feature in the original BZ.  
*Snip Snip*

You mean to say
QuoteI too miss the "hunt" command from BZ1 - I

Right?

Mother's Helper

Yo Bulldog -

I guess either statement would be correct, but we need an English composition expert to decide.  

Let's say that you used to own a 2004 VW Jetta, and it had a left-handed updraft wiffle pin control knob on the dashboard, that you enjoyed pushing from time to time.

You sell the 2004 model and buy a 2005 model Jetta.  You notice that it does not have the left-handed updraft wiffle pin on the dashboard, like your old car.  Wouldn't you be correct in saying that you missed the updraft wiffle pin button on your 2005 Jetta?

Wouldn't you also be correct in saying that you missed the updraft wiffle pin button that you used to have on your 2004 Jetta?  

Perhaps either statement would be true?

Now, back to BZII - -    :s

Mother's Helper

Zanting

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyA 'hunt' command would be nice and useful. It was in battlezone 1 for all units.

They would go in a search pattern following pre written paths, which were randomly selected (i think, dont know much about programming).

As for scouts and pools? how about just make the scouts Paint the pools for the comander so he can place scavs long range.

Thats what I said when I started BZ2 up...

Pandemic and Activision and there movie-games :D lol ressurrect BZ another time and for gods sake give it some fricken motivation in magizines, TV, etc, etc, it needs to be advertised! ITS A CLASSIC and will never die! Maybe include it on a console like xbox or ps2 to get that bz feel to the console gamers, hm? remember Battlezone, Rise of the Black Dogs, felt a lil less fun then the pc version but still worth 25 cents :)

Bull Dog

TY MH I missed the languade the first time around.  My bad I was really tired at the time but, I get it now