• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

what mods and expansions can i download to 1.3 publec beta

Started by squirrelof09, January 26, 2005, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard

well FE will be in effect a different version anyway so whichever way you look at it there will still be a division .

Anyhow no-one is stopping anyone from converting FE to 1.3 are they ? It's just that those of us who originally worked on FE are now busy with other projects . Seems to me that if it is after all just ODF editing there is nothing to stop those that want a 1.3 version of FE from making it themselves .

Sonic

Quote from: Fishbone
Most of the problems also apply for online play.
the only thing that might be done easily (read: without spending a year to do a decent job) is a 1.3 patch for FE strat.

I like that idea, the Hadean/Cerberi would benift greatly from the new features of 1.3.  Could make very intersting strat games.  Besides, I miss my Kamikaze's, I loved those things. ;)
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Spawn

ive always wanted to try allied strat with hadean and scion.
blink xerkies!!

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I think a future download that would be '' FE for 1.3 '' (much smaller than the full FE and would infact just be for multiplayer) sounds great. Sadly however, it is more than just odf editing. Along with a another balence revision probably having to be done, there are also problems with walkers, tracked units, etc that are a require a bit more knowhow.

Fishbone

so, you seem to come to the same conclusion: it takes quite a commitment to produce FE for 1.3
As far as I know, TS has a working Cerberi and Hadean race(mesh and animation wise). Why don't you guys try helping him with his BZRAP?
That would be a wise way to combine your efforts to bring Hadeans and Cerberi to 1.3 strat. Besides, you even get the great Uler in there. What a mix!

tarquin1048

squirrelof09: One Mod that I do know was compatible with 1.3 was Sonic's "In the Shadows" which is very good!!  :lol:

Zero Angel

The FE single-player missions seem to work fine (at least the part one missions, some part two, haven't tested the latter missions). In fact, PB1 seems to enhance the gameplay by making the units a little more intelligent (less susceptable to predictable strafing exploit) though at the cost of some balance, where previous to PB1, it was a simple massed assault that was effective instead of units actually acting intelligent.  

Broken shell can be fixed by merging the configs in a certain order (with the 1.2->FE configs having a higher priority over the 1.3 configs, though a total rebuilding of 1.3 configs are in order) Complaints of broken assets can be fixed easily. And the MP missions have spawning-related bugs, its nothing that a little rebuilding and tweaking of the DLLs cant fix, allowing for 3rd party features to be built into the new scripts.

Aside from fixing of the MP DLLs, Jwk can easily carry out the fixing of a great deal of the problems. Providing that he's willing to put his nose to the grindstone instead of simply putting out ideas.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

I already fixed the shell files for MP and sent them to fishbone a while ago.  I took the existing FE shells and added in the missing elements.  MPI button, etc.  The shell isn't an issue.  Weapons result in a lot of errors, but that can be fixed by commenting out the bad effect names or by modifying them so they point to the correct odf.  I'm not sure if the typos were intentional because the effects were too much for lower end computers or if they were just typos.