• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Should the current private beta be released

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, January 27, 2005, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Has it progressed so far that most of the bugs we are testing have already been detected, and thus our effort is no longer as relavent as it used to be? if so, would it be an idea to release the private beta as 'beta 2'. Obviously not the final beta, but something for use to chew into to make sure that the testing of the 1.3 Beta (which ever version) is not fruitless?

Nachtwind

*nodding wildly*
Please do so :)

The greatest advantage would be the possibility for the players to enjoy a fixed version and to give you the possibility to find new bugs therefore :
*thumbs up*

PLeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee ;)

Commando

1.3 is still being worked on as we speak.  Just recently many new features have been added that expand the modability of the game.  I  won't go into detail about the changes, but I'm sure many will appreciate them.

Angstromicus

Deformable terrain (thumper) is a no-go.  

I agree with Commando, some very exciting things have only recently been done, not just from a Mod point of view but from a bug squishing one.  

Ultimately it's up to Nathan when it's released, and I feel a renewed sense of optimism from him given his recent activity.

-Av-

OvermindDL1

The current patch and its abilities can be summed up in one word.  'Amazing.'

Red Devil

What box???

Lizard

I don't see that this question is very appropriate , it's upto the developers to decide when the patch is ready for release , not the community , and given the lambasting they ( the devs) recieved when the last version was released I'd be very wary of releasing a new version until I knew full well that it was as good as it possibly could be .

OvermindDL1

Yes, far far too many morons out there chastize things without fulling exploring them.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

good points...but...it the patch has moved on that much....whats the point in us testing the current beta?

Commando

The wait is probably due to the outbursts from the 1.3 Public Beta.  I wouldn't count on seeing another one in a while to be honest, even with all of the advancements.  I personally wouldn't want to see another public beta, after what happened with the last one.  I was afraid 1.3 was dead as a result of the community's behavior, not the entire community, only those of a few.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

on both sides....

however, the people who *are* testing the current public beta are the ones who need an update, they will be the ones interacting with it. Not to mention its a bit like music, you may be desturbed by it at first, but once you get used  to it, evne if you dont like it, it doesnt shock you so much

also it is still a 'beta'

OvermindDL1

Case-in-point, it is a beta, but the morons do not think of it as such.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

surely those that are willing to test and their needs for their effort to be worth while is a larger factor than  ''o some people might get all stressy, despite the fact the edge of that knife has already been dulled''

Spawn