• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New race build look

Started by ScarleTomato, March 09, 2005, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

I guess this might be highly improbable, but will there be any new ways to build things in 1.3 instead of the blue isdf wireframe and the growing silver scion structures? I havent found any way to do so in 1.2 and thought there wouldn't be any harm in asking :-D

Big_Kenny

You mean other than the scion method of silver biometal extrusion right?

Scout

hardcode :O

bet FE did change the effects on one of the build methods.. edf..

but im pretty sure the methods available are hardcoded.

APCs r evil

I knew I wanted to pester GSH about something!  :twisted:

The Starfleet mod changed the ISDF build effect. I'm not too sure how they did that though, never looked into it.

Fishbone

Bull Dog

The actual effect is controlled by an ODF file.  What ODF the game uses for that effect is controlled by the game (I think).

Bull Dog

Bingo Fishbone. Thanks.  Unfortunately due to a rather unexpected change, I have been away from my gaming machine.  It's looking like it'll be a few weeks before I'll be getting back to work on bz2.

Huscar

You'll still see the ISDF wireframe though, the only thing that changes is the effects controlled at 2 points of which I have no idea how they are set. Normally blue smoke comes out of them, but you can do most things. Although I didn't manage to get a circular explosion to work properly but that's probably my bad