• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problem with 1.3 MPI games locking up

Started by Mother's Helper, June 04, 2005, 08:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mother's Helper

:?
This is really weird -

I've played the X-Bones II map three times over the last few evenings, and have not had a single freeze up, so I don't know what the problem has been.  

The only thing I did differently with these last three games was to NOT disconnect the modem after I started the multiplayer game.  I either started the game out with only one player (me) or made it for 2 players.  In either case, I had no more freeze up problems.  Maybe the issue of hanging up the modem after I started the game was the one thing that contributed to the freeze up.

One question I do have though....how do you snipe one of those mighty "Goul" ships that are found in the corner of the map?  As anyone knows who plays this particular map, there is no red snipe dot on that ship, but even when I shoot my snipe rifle where I assume the dot would be, nothing seems to happen.  It is also interesting that whenever the Goul ship is nearby my own ship, it shows up on my inventory of ships.

Mother's Helper

Red Devil

I swear I'm invisible sometimes...

Quote from: Red DevilHe said above that he is disconnecting while in BZ (doesn't matter if its MP setup or in-game) by pulling out the phone line.  That's the killer right there.  Any computer waiting for a response from a hard device will lock up a computer, be it on a mainframe or on a PC.

Edit: Performed gender reassignment
What box???

APCs r evil

I have the exact same problem! I have to make an entire new thread and complain about nobody listening to me for anyone to listen to me.  :cry:

BZZERKER

MH, The best way to play MPI's solo is to click on the "connect thru gamespy" button and change it to "TCP/IP LAN only". This way, you don't have to worry about anyone even trying to join your games thru gamespy as it cannot see your game.

Red Devil

What box???

Spawn

you cant snipe them, but there are a few you can steal
i think apc is with red in jellystone...

Mother's Helper

Spawn -

Your voice was just one among many giving me suggestions - sorry that I did not give your ideas higher priority (lol).

Mother's Helper

Spawn

lmao
looks like red was ignored again :D

BZZERKER

SCREW RED, WHAT ABOUT ME?  :bla:

Just kidding Red