• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Instant Action Help!!!

Started by nemesis231, March 24, 2005, 04:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemesis231

Hi Guys!

I noticed in the 1.3 beta that the ai in instant action can't be any more the commander. Why is that so? earlier i played battlezone 2 with the 1.2 patch and the function was possible. With the new patch i must be the commander in instant action. Is it possible that the AI can be the commander like in the version 1.2????

thx

Marksman

Yes, I noticed that too.

But there's a tradeoff. In 1.3 you can now pick your race for both sides. I really like that a lot. It gives IA maps a whole new life when you can change up the races.

The elimination of commander/pilot mode may be related to the other changes. More likely I'd guess that few people played pilot mode anyway, so they just took it out to save on complexity.

Bull Dog

I only used the Pilot mode thing once.  Thats it.

Spawn

pilot mode was odd and boring, it could be done again, but its just odd...

OvermindDL1

And the computer on your side was always neutered, probobly due to it not knowing what happened to the vehicles it built...

technoid

Pilot mode was ok and presented a nice experiment in what it could do or potentially be. With more tweaking it could be or have been better, but without access and evolution to the core AI processes in the codebase (which would alter the AI in the entire game, not just IA), it got taken out in 1.3 (intentionally I think).

Bull Dog

Actually the option is still there, just load up a IA map that was made for 1.2.