• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiple Screens Mod possible?

Started by deadscion, December 04, 2005, 12:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadscion

Many already know Windows has no trouble working with multiple graphics cards and monitors.

PCI bus slots can be addressed seperately. Several times I have setup my comp just toying around with as many as 4 monitors and watched the screensaver animation toy with all of the monitors like they were one monitor.

A few rare games were actually developed with two and three monitors in mind. Mostly to sell dual monitor graphics cards.

Is there a way to set up BZ2 with multiple views for multiple screens? Has anyone in 1.3 toyed with such a thing?

Lizard

in a word nope, BZ2 is a directX 6 game and as far as I'm aware multiple monitors weren't really supported back then, compounding this is the fact that BZ2 graphics code as I understand it is an unholy mess that no-one dares touch .

OvermindDL1

Even multiple monitors now is difficult in 9.0 because you have to create multiple render points and viewchains and such, a big hassle.

deadscion

hmm nuts,,,,maybe this is something to look forward to in the next generation of computers.

Currently the AMD dual core processors are pretty impressive.