• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 2 bugs

Started by Commando, March 01, 2006, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHeart

Quote from: GSH on April 15, 2006, 10:41:09 PM
I have to say, you're the only one seeing such issues as far as I can tell. No idea how/why that's the case.

-- GSH

I've seen this type of av in the past & i think i know how to reproduce this AV however unless he edited the map files he shouldn't be getting that AV.

When creating\editing a ter file using SilverB1rd's Winter program you must delete both the bzn & wat file, then resave using the bz2 editor or else you'll receive an av similar to that.  I really don't think he should be getting this AV unless he edited the map or is try to use an outdated file that doesn't match the terrain file.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Killer AK

I like it the locks are actually more challenging cause i have to aim for the red dot (where the ship is going)  instead of the actually ship! Im having serious graphic problems though with PB2 where everything get's choppy after awhile in MPI or G66.
PB1 never had this problem

GENERAL MANSON*

ok i think i found an issue that needs fixing or could have been fixed already. On the pb2 patch on the stctf maps when im under server options and click on page 2 then page 3 everything goes black. Nothing is there. When im on the 1st page oly 2 shows up but not 3. I have to click on 2 to get two 3. I can not install anymore bz2 folders or installs untill i get some of my system fixed which should only take a few min. Has this been fixed in the post beta or do yall know what i am talking about?

{OM}DevLeader

Nope,fresh install of BZII with 1.3pb2.
It does the same thing when the editor tries to open it.
I'll mess around with it...

GENERAL MANSON*

no way. that install isnt even 2 months old yet. gotta be a bug.

DF-Mj.Gen.Dead_Eye

Spawn

Does the mpi version of fortress work?
Try copying the water file over and renaming it?

Saloei

considering the Attilas only have 11 chances to destroy their enemy, do they have to miss twice before they hit their target the third time. they should never miss any time! every hit should spot on.

Spawn

If you spend 100 scrap on a unit and don't reinforce it then you deserve to lost it :-D

wug

Found a new bug (maybe)!

When the AIP issues an order to attack with ivwalk (Attila), it needs a minimum of 110 scrap to execute.  But when I do a buildminimum for ivwalk, it's 100 scrap.  I believe 100 scrap is correct.

Anyway, this is what the log file states:
150.00 90-Plan9-Attacker:  Skipping priority 90 as CurTtlScrap < MinTtlScrap, 100 110

And this is what plan 9 looks like:
[Plan9]
planType = "Attacker"
planPriority = 90
minTtlScrap = 100
targetType = "ibscav"
attackType1 = "ivwalk"
attackAnything = true
buildIfNoIdle = 1

The minTtlScrap has no effect whether it's there or not.  I believe ivwalk overrides with 110 scrap requirement (???).

GSH, help!

ScarleTomato

the Atilla is either 105 or 110 when it's upgraded. Maybe the AI is building upgraded walkers?

squirrelof09

105, and why would it build a walker?

or, are you playing a mod ?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

wug

Nope, no mods... none installed.  Just normal Attilas on normal MPI maps.  Like I said, buildminimum is okay at 100 scrap (and it builds), but attack says it requires 110.  I can't say whether PB1 did this or not, as I have deleted all my old logs (to save disk space).

I ripped out all the other AIP commands until I narrowed it down, so I don't think I'm on crack. :mrgreen:

Killer AK

I was just wondering if anyone is trying to fix the visual lag problem in public beta 2? All multiplayer games have totally stopped and barely anyone but I host lately. :|
Public Beta 2 has allot of promise.

Commando

The visual lag has been addressed in the latest private beta.