• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Small Gripes

Started by General_Hoohah, March 05, 2006, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

On the subject of mines, consider that there are no Minelayers in stock BZ2, and that no AI unit that has proxmines as a stock loadout will drop them automatically.   Units can be made to drop mines while in combat, but for stock BZ2 play they're intended for humans, not AI.

That being said is it too hard to understand that mines were NOT made invisible to AI?  The only way they could get in the game is for a human to drop them, and the poor AI need some help against humans...  :)

So, yes, YOU can make custom mines that the AI can't see, or that humans can't see, or that even get up and chase units around while not being seen...  the sky is the limit.   As with most modding, though, you'll have to go looking/asking for the information on how to do this.  It's in the changelog, which may be hard to read, but it's also in the modlog which is much friendlier to modders of all skill levels.

-Av-

BZZERKER

Quote from: General_Hoohah on March 05, 2006, 07:59:52 AMIm sure everyone complains about this on a normal basis but was any attempt made to fix the problem of units trying to drive through buildings? Can it be done? I can't tell you how many times I've had to get scavs unstuck from towers, over the last few days.

Then maybe you shouldn't have worded your question like that. It gives the appearance of you not having read the CL and the beta team not doing anything about such a serious problem. It also comes off as a bad attitude. ;)

I think it might have gotten broken a couple of times after that snippet I posted. Looks like it got broke yet again (probably 1 of the release candidates).

Red Devil

I just re-read this, and I can answer 'yes' to all your questions.  A lot of the work I did on units didn't make it into the patch due to dissension and so I decided to put it in my variant instead.

Quote from: General_Hoohah on March 05, 2006, 07:59:52 AM
Im sure everyone complains about this on a normal basis but was any attempt made to fix the problem of units trying to drive through buildings? Can it be done? I can't tell you how many times I've had to get scavs unstuck from towers, over the last few days.

Also, is there a way to get more use out of mines? AI ships ALWAYS see them and shoot them from a distance. Its stupid and pointless, and ruins any chance of ever being creative with mines in mods. Is there a way to make it so AI can't see them unless they are close enough... or make them invisible to radar? ...or something?! I really wanted to introduce some new ideas for mines into a mod Im working on with Greenheart, but every mine idea would be totally pointless since the AI ALWAYS see them from a distance and kill them every single time. Maybe only a particular unit could see them from a slightly longer distance than other craft, like scouts? Maybe I just missed something and theres a way around this problem?
What box???