• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Preliminary Physics Tweaks Posted

Started by Red Devil, March 06, 2006, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

yah, increase reverse thrust or make an "aircraft" class unit :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

spAce

Quoteyah, increase reverse thrust

That might give a little more time in the air, but it harms craft's features in other ways. There is no way to go around the current hover elimination.
BZ1 style physics (ships slowly falled down) would be enough imo. No need for infinite hovering, i agree that the physics would be better that way.

Just some resistance against the gravity pull. Its pretty unrealistic on Pluto and Titan atm :D

appel

1) Scouts are too fast.
2) Reverse speed is too fast.
3) Needs ability to retain some air-maneuverbility, like press 'e' to be able to control your descent - currently you fall like a rock.
4) Scouts need to be a bit lower from the ground.

Otherwise, great. Going in the right direction.

Red Devil

I can probably add some more air time, but they'll never hover.

Was just talking with appel and mase in that DM I had up.  Going to make some more small tweaks to the DM ISDF Scout and Scion Drone and see how that goes. 

Sounds like we're headed in the right direction guys.  :-)   Thanks for testing!

Next will be (if you guys agree):

2. Strat ISDF Scout and Scion Drone.

3. DM Sabre and DM Warrior.

4. Strat Sabre and Warrior

5. Turret and Guardian

6. Mortar Bike and Sentry

7. Missile Scout and Lancer

8. Tug and Hauler

9. Service Truck and Healer

10. Rocket Tank

11. Assault Tank and Titan

12. Walker and Mauler

13. APC and Bomber

What box???

appel

Quote from: Red Devil on March 08, 2006, 06:29:34 PM
Next will be (if you guys agree):

2. Strat ISDF Scout and Scion Drone.

3. DM Sabre and DM Warrior.

4. Strat Sabre and Warrior

5. Turret and Guardian

6. Mortar Bike and Sentry

7. Missile Scout and Lancer

8. Tug and Hauler

9. Service Truck and Healer

10. Rocket Tank

11. Assault Tank and Titan

12. Walker and Mauler

13. APC and Bomber

No need to start work on those yet. Finishing the ISDF scout is IMO the very first thing that should be finished. Tweaking the sabre's and other units doesn't require as much effort, beside, if we don't get the ISDF scout *right* tweaking the other units will be a waste of time anyway as nobody will play with those assets :)

Red Devil

That's what I was trying to say, that these pairs of units in this order would be the next pair that we start on after we get the Scouts/Drones right.
What box???

appel

Yea.

But I don't understand why you have DM units and Strat units? Aren't they the same?

GSH

BZ2 has never had identical units for those.

-- GSH

APCs r evil

Personally I'm shocked by how many people think that, the differences (At least one of them) are pretty obvious. That being the lower ammo capacity in the DM ships. The second being that DM ships do not leave scrap behind. There are different physics at work too.

GSH

Leaving scrap is something set by the DLL. It's the least of the issues.

-- GSH

appel

Hm.... not the same physics? How are they different? I haven't really felt that in 1.2 at least.

BZ FeebleEffort

Appel is right, get scouts 1st, then involve more testers to finalize things. Then Play games, not just DMs,  many of the "1.2" tried and  true strategies will already be altered by AI, current changes to weapons(if there are many..I don't know), so you want to see what effect you currently have with 1.3 before making changes based upon 1.2 perceptions. Also, Get that lead target thing done and integrated into the scout fix and tha might be a major major advance. Then look to tweak slowly craft by craft.

Hell, then u need to look at ISDF V Scion issues, I know u know that...But hey....2 cents.

Wierd thought (that of course could never happen)  What if, the origininal 1.2 physics JUST had the auto leveling removed...that woulda sniped flying in and of itself wouldn't it?....Oh well..I guess even the wheel could stand to be reinvented once every few thousand years...

Red Devil

Starting with the DM Scouts/Drones allows us to test them immediately and make different versions and doesn't affect strat.  Once we get them, we can extrapolate them to the strat ones.  Can test the Drone with shields and if they pickup crates while morphed right off the bat too.  SLightly different physics too.

DM ISDF Scout also uses the DM minigun, which has a range of 180m, SP/MP minigun has a range of 105m.

WD, this was my intent all along:

Quote from: Red Devil on March 08, 2006, 06:47:36 PM
That's what I was trying to say, that these pairs of units in this order would be the next pair that we start on after we get the Scouts/Drones right.
What box???

APCs r evil

Hmm, if leaving the scrap is set by the DLL then why do stock ships leave scrap on DM maps? Ohhh, is it just the list of DM ships that the DLL tells not to leave scrap?

GENERAL MANSON*

i think the sabre and warrior should be #2 those are my second favorites.  :wink: