• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Preliminary Physics Tweaks Posted

Started by Red Devil, March 06, 2006, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

when BF2 released 1.2 they had found some bugs, they decided to go ahead and fix them, so that created a patch 1.21
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

BZZERKER

RD, may I suggest that you number your releases. This way ppl have a better idea what version is being tested and are better able to compare versions. A simple numbering system (such as x.xx) on your RD-tweaks folder name should be sufficient.

seanthegreat

Quote from: .:.HMR.:.squirrel-Cmd on March 14, 2006, 06:30:42 PM
when BF2 released 1.2 they had found some bugs, they decided to go ahead and fix them, so that created a patch 1.21
thats so confusing  :|

seanthegreat

man red_Devil put thumper back on but put it in the armory

Red Devil

You have too much fun with it.  I'll add it back in towards the end and it will be expensive in scrap, tech, and time, plus it will be weaker.
What box???

seanthegreat

Quote from: Red Devil link=topic=5628.msg8*stupid*#msg8*stupid* date=1142454588
You have too much fun with it.  I'll add it back in towards the end and it will be expensive in scrap, tech, and time, plus it will be weaker.
any way making stronger in insant action so i can make a walker movie with it  :mrgreen: god that  was soo funny

Dirty Rooster

Any chance of leaving out thumper and ANY OTHER
items not DIRECTLY related to letting people help
you test and tweak hovercraft physics?

Keep It Simple Red Devil.

Here's a great idea ;
While you are releasing tweak packs for testing,
also release FUN packs to include your thumpers and
other anthropomorphic characters.
But do them in a different thread please.

I'm trying to help.

I have a better idea... 

Hey RD, look over here...

Give me the Thumper buddy...  c'mon, let it go...  hand it over and nobody gets hurt...

That's it...  relax and give old 'Avatar that nasty Thumper...

I'll hang on to it until the rest of these guys are ready for it... 

:roll:

-Av-

:lol:

BZ FeebleEffort

"Keep It Simple Red Devil."

I agree....let me put it this way RD...You are doing the Lords work...Your efforts in working to fix physics(admittedly permissable because nathan made physics tweakable via ODFs) Now gives 1.3 a viable chance at much more widespread acceptance. Keep working w/ Appel/PF and others to get the physics as good as they can be....

Integrate the Visual lag fix and then Rinse and repeat, for other ships and bingo....you are getting 1.3 downright better.

Whatever other fixes continue are just a bonus, but IF Physics and the Visual lag issue are reolved, you can then bring in more widespread testing for weapon issues.

I know...I know...you gotta plan....Just like the Cylons...

Spawn

The visual lag thing is easily fixable, jsut need to play with gameprefs, look at the thread I posted.

Red Devil

Ahem...

If you guys had bothered to read my posts and download the latest tweaks and looked at them before posting, you guys would have seen that I had already removed the Thumper and other hover units and assets.

After watching STG go bonkers with Thumper, I realized I made the same mistake I made before, thinking that people were like me and capable of testing multiple things at once.  They are, but they get easily distracted.  I can work on effects, units, models, weapons, physics, etc., and separate and test them all at the same time, but others have problems with that.
What box???

BZZERKER

...and keep shiny objects away from Spawn or he'll never do any work. Then again, keep APC's away from the shiny objects too... :roll:

Spawn

Red Devil

Just to let you guys know, the devs are working on an update that have improved physics, so I'm holding off posting any more tweaks.  Was tooling around in a Scout yesterday and it was really nice and smooth - without the ODF tweaks.  :-)
What box???

The cost of your smooth scout was my broken Scavs...  :(

Seriously, though, RD's right in that any further ODF experimentation should be held until Ken finishes whatever he's doing. 

I noticed the same thing, it feels a LOT smoother now.  If we could get a little more control while in the air it'd feel JUST like BZ1.  :)

-Av-