• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New AIPs in IA and MPI

Started by wug, August 10, 2006, 07:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wug

Hmmm... interesting.  Wonder what is causing the delay in response?  Need one of the gurus to answer that question. :|

Red Devil

Do you tell the RT's to "Hold" after they get in position or do you just tell them to go to a position?
What box???

llulla

The scenarios I mentioned are generally not in HOLD state. Holding improves the situation but still the engaging distance is too short. for example, RTs + Hornet result in very little or no advantage  :x.  Hold has no meaning with Sabres because their advantage is in the mobility. Holding them = loosing them.
I played Chill1.2 vs Chill1.3 and watched the  defense from Archers that land on high ground ( like two towers) in front of the base. I a couple of  Hornet  RTs at the very edge of ISDF base, at the vertical wall. 
In 1.2, most of the time (when there is no disturbance from closer units),  RTs engage Archers as soon as they start descending inside the Hornet range  8-). In 1.3 it is sad to see the RTs being bombed from the Archers in front of them and then decide to fire. Sometimes I have to even order them :-(!!!!!
The behaviour is inherent to the whole system so,  as wug says, I think it is programmers ground.