• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

unit collision detect

Started by Saloei, August 16, 2006, 05:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

I know that if you tell a unit (tank, scout) to follow another unit that deploys into a building (such as a Scav), the unit told to follow no longer has anything to follow when that other unit deploys and it's attention will drift off to Never Never Land.

Might be an easy thing to test w/ the editor.

-- GSH

Commando

I got the same thing when I did a quick test using a custom aip.  Scout went dead once its scav deployed allowing me to kill the scav and the defender without the defender ever firing a shot.

GSH

Good savegame, Commando. Scout was stuck in 'wait' mode, and wouldn't drop out of that to attack threats.

-- GSH

llulla

You're right Avatar. I was using cannons from Exterminator menu :-D hoping to get the Railgun imn assault mode. Just following the logic of EDF combat-assault weapons. It seems Phaer Ran have an own type of cannon for GT and Inciniretor. It worked finally, thanks.

llulla

I could find a good, easy to understand, description of the parameters of modlog from General Black Dragon. It was in the archived forum of pb1.3. Now, if someone can help with a generic list of the *.odf files, mainly those that control the units, it would be great. It may be ISDF files only :lol:.

How do I send the savegames, directly to GSHs email?

There's an ODFPACK around here somewhere also, with all of the ODF's in it, but the better solution is to get PAKEXPLORER and unpack the 1.3 patch into a folder for study.

Once you've saved the game using the FILE menu, go to the Battlezone II directory and look in the SAVED folder.  There'll be a small file named whatever you saved the game as.  As I'm not sure if he's tossed his email out to everyone I won't list it now... there've been too many 'bots' crawling around the forums lately...

Hmmm, thinking about that maybe he or someone can make a savegame email address to send them to, one that can be tossed out when no longer needed...

-Av-

Red Devil

Unpack the Data.pak archive too.

A good way to get used to testing ODF tweaks is to tweak one setting in the ISDF default scout and add a DM map to your shortcut.  Fire up the shortcut and you'll load the map automagically and be in the scout.  Alt-X and you'll be back to the desktop.

Put the tweaked vehicle in a separate folder under addon so you can just move the tweak out so you can play online too.
What box???

APCs r evil

Regarding Spawn's physics patch (Or whatever you want to call it.) I finished making the ODF's into a Rec Variant about a month ago and sent it along to him. I used all the values from 1.2, mass, a head-bobbing mauler; everything. All that's left is the actual physics tweaking and I've left that up to him since he knows 1.2 better than I do.

llulla

I have PakExplorer installed and I had already all the ODFs extracted in a separate dir. I simply get lost in the myriad of similar names like ivtank...,ivtank12...,ivtank_w..., etc. It was worse when looking for the Constructor files. for now I want to work only on ISDF units and mainly on those that disrupt more my way of playing. I prefer to build "lighter" bases and use heavy pieces similarly to automated defenses. In 1.3 this has become a nightmare  :-( . Can you tell me which are the ODFs for ISDF Constructor, Service Truck and Scav used in the IA?

Red Devil

Ivrecy is the basic IA recycler

Look at the end of the file to see that it builds ibrecy

ibrecy builds ivcons and ivserv, etc.

ivcons builds ibfact and ibarmo, etc.

ibfact builds ivtank, etc.

ibarmo builds the crates (apstab, etc.)

Basically, any unit that has something tagged on the end (like ivrecyst) means it is special purpose.
What box???

llulla

Thanks a lot RD.
Your suggestions are clear and detailed as usual.   
I will start testing as soon as I finish my attempts to produce a MicroXP :-D.

Red Devil

You're very welcome.

Make sure you make separate folders for the data.pak and the patch13.pak and bumps.pak and the xsi's all under a main folder and just search the main folder.  That way, the new files won't overlay the old files and you can tell where each one comes from when you search.

Also, when searching you can use wild cards:

?vtank*.odf  will find all tanks of all races.

?brecy*.odf will find recyclers from all races.

?p*.odf with 'powerup' in the text box below will find all powerups.  (using the wild-carded file string speeds up the search).

And like that.
What box???

llulla

I have extracted only what's in patch13.pak. I did not know that data.pak ODFs must be changed also. What is precisely in either of them?

Commando

data.pak contains all of the odfs that came off of the bz2 cd.  patch13.pak contains alll of the odfs that came with 1.3.  If you see the same odf in both pak files, for example ivtank.odf, the odf in patch13.pak is used because patch13.pak overrides data.pak.  A lot of objects weren't updated in 1.3 so you may need to open up data.pak to find a lot of unit odfs.