• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does anybody using 1.3 play on multi?

Started by simon, August 21, 2006, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

The lower the mwf is the more of a hit it will do on your CPU, I prefer 1 when I play with anyone to reduce the lag and resync's.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

Sq you lagg like sh!t no matter who you play with or what MWF there is :D Though I envy your fps :lol:

Mattroxx

Quote from: simon on August 25, 2006, 03:21:52 AM
Good Ty for that.  :-)

Think I have a problem though.

I try to join games that are using the 1.3 patch and I cannot join them. The games were not full, not locked cos no X sign next to them, and they weren't passworded either. I'm sure these games were ok for me to join because they were in white text and that proved the games I try to join are using 1.3.

Am I missing something out here? I have the route 66 V2.0 mod, could this have stopped me from joining in 1.3?  :? :? :?
This happened to me today. GSH's explanation that they're using pb2 makes sense.

Wish more people would use 1.3pb3 because I really want a game on the River map but it doesn't have an MPI version and there are so few people with this latest patch so far.
:x

I haven't re-installed Route 66 since updating to the patch. Has anyone tried this out and are they compatible?

Commando

G66 should be compatible with public beta 3.  I can't think of any reasons why it wouldn't be.  Hopefully more people will migrate to 1.3 pb 3 once G66 2.2 comes out since it sounds like that version will require 1.3.

Raven

G66 v2.0 is fine with pb3, though I'm looking forward to Natty's newer version, the AI might not warp and regain health/come back to life as much :)

I like g66, it's just good, simple as that :-)

squirrelof09

Quote from: Raven on September 05, 2006, 10:03:05 AM
Sq you lagg like sh!t no matter who you play with or what MWF there is :D Though I envy your fps :lol:

Well if you'd actually try it on 1 then you could say that, but you have NEVER tried it on 1 in any strats I've been in with you. So you have no room to talk ;).

Besides your in the UK, and the ping always tends to be higher with anyone on the other side of the world.

Edit: i'm thinking when Avatar releases his mod is when most people will migrate temporarly...

Raven

Well theres no improvement with you from 10 to 3 so I'm guessing 1 won't make any difference :P. Oh and I play with people besides you you know that live in the USA and we're fine :lol:

squirrelof09

But do they use a satellite?

No.

he farther away you are from me the worse the ping is.