• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

wug AIPs v3.4 (test)

Started by wug, September 22, 2006, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

Anything that hovers can get up on any mountain on most maps, it's only a matter of knowing how and knowing where.

Red Devil

What box???

GreenHeart

GreenHeart maps are more difficult & usually last 90-120 minutes with the stock aip set depending on how much help you have in game.  I don't recommend using wug's aip set on the maps i've created since Wug's aip set is alot harder unless you want a game to last more than 2 hours. LoL 
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

BZZERKER

Yeah, I played Firestorm with the insane AIP that comes with the patch and it took me 7hrs 50mins to beat the AI...but it was the first time I had played BZ2 in like a year.

wug

Ah come on guys, Insane was meant for 3 or 4 players vs. AI.  You know, so MPI would be challenging for a group, unlike in the past.  So don't blame the AIPs... I dunno why everyone has to play the toughest setting first. :roll:

If a player wants to beat one of the GreenHeart map quickly, try the Easy AIP set.  There's no shame in wanting to play (and win) a quick game is there?  Heck, I still usually play on Standard. 8-)

BTW, test #4 has been uploaded.  I've changed Scions to switch between air power (Archers) and ground assault late in the game to hopefully make it less predictable.  Enjoy. :-D

BZZERKER

I played the insane AIP because I wanted the challenge! Even with the amount of rust I had on me and the fact that I started off slow and tentative, I found it to be a little weak. give me a few weekends of solid BZ2 time and I whip it in under 3½ hrs. :-D

btw, it was ISDF vs ISDF.

wug

Woah, that's scary. :-o  Well, you can try v3.4, but I don't think even with the ISDF changes, it's gonna be much of a challenge for you.

Guess the really good players will have to wait for G66.

APCs r evil

Spawn and I have beaten.. Fortress, I think, in under three minutes.

My complaint with your AIPs is that they do not address the fact that Scion players (Like myself) will find it virtually impossible to defeat the ISDF AI. This is simply because Scions have NOTHING that can stop that many heavy tanks that fast. Gun Spires are useless against heavy armor, Gauss Guardians don't have enough health or range, Maulers are too hard to reach in time... It's simply not possible. Even the stock AIPs make it nearly impossible to play Scion vs ISDF.

wug

Hmmm... let me think about Scion vs. ISDF AI a bit....

Spawn

I find a line of titans to be the most effective, though rocket spires just kill everything.  Baiting helps too.

APCs r evil

Yea, a line of Titans works, if you can live long enough to build them. I hate Rocket Spires. :) And baiting is pretty hard to do because there are constantly Rocket Tanks running around targeting everything.

wug

Maybe I should lower the number of attacking units, especially during early and mid-game.  Is Scion vs. Scion a problem as well?

IMHO, this is the order for the player from strongest to weakest:
- ISDF vs. ISDF AI (AI is very vulnerable to base attacks / bombing)
- ISDF vs. Scion AI (AI has Jammer, but Gun Towers and Bomber are hard to beat)
- Scion vs. Scion AI (AI has Jammer advantage, and potentially more units)
- Scion vs. ISDF AI (AI has Bomber)

Am I correct to rebalance the AI based on that order?

APCs r evil

The problem with playing as Scion against ISDF is that there is a constant stream of Assault and Rocket Tanks pouring into your base from about 5 minutes into the game. Scions just don't have any way to stop that.

wug

The Stock 1.3 AIPs are very aggressive, building very little base defense.  I'm not gonna tamper with those, but I'll modify my AIPs to be a little less aggressive off the bat.

So how about once the Scion player has the base established?  Is it still harder to play as Scion?  And is Scion vs. Scion AI or Scion vs. ISDF AI harder?

APCs r evil

Well, Gun Spires don't have nearly as much firepower as Gun Towers, so Scions can't fight off hordes of ships very well.

If the Scion player can get access to Quill, Gauss or Absorbtion, then they will be able to fight off most units fairly well. Once the Scion player gets Sonic, Assault Tanks become nothing more than fodder. If the Scion player gets a Mauler and pilots it personally, he will be able to take on up to two Assault Tanks at a time, or one Rocket Tank and one Assault tank. Once the Scion player can get a few Titans out, they will function just as well as ISDF Gun Towers.

Now, Scions have NO effective air defense, other than Jammers. I recommend halting airstrikes on the player's base if a Jammer is up.

Here's a list of requirements for all the Scion stuff I just mentioned.

Quill - Dower and Antenna
Gauss Gun - Forge and Dower
Absorbtion - Stronghold

Mauler - Stronghold and Dower
Titan - Overseer Array and Stronghold

Jammer - Overseer Array