• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Minor issues

Started by Marksman, October 21, 2006, 08:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marksman

I was replaying the single player missions and noticed a few things.

On the pluto missions, some of the ground bitmaps are a bit messed. Specifically, the overhanging rock structures that are around a few places, the bitmap on the ground changes for near/far range rendering. One rendering seems fine, but when it switches to the other rendering, the bitmap appears to be some scion ship skin rather than the dirt/ground bitmap. It's a bit strange to suddenly see scion markings all over the rocks.

The other is that in the mission with the scion haulers (third I think), the tunnels are behaving strangely. When you first go into the tunnels to search for the hauler, when you see it, it suddenly pops up to the surface, through the roof.  Later in the same mission, Shaby tells you to follower her and she heads back into the tunnel. Only when she heads down into the tunnel, she suddenly pops back to the surface, and continues along the path but up on the surface rather than in the tunnel. (at least I presume it was the surface, I was in the tunnel and could not see how far up they had gone. Maybe they were somehwere in the tunnel roof).

XP-64, Nvidia GF6600Pro, latest WHQL drivers.

Raven

More than likely a problem with DXT. My gfx card is made by the same people but I think yours is better, and mine can't get it's processor round this new dxt stuff :P

On your bz2 shortcut, go into proporties and in the target box, add [SPACE]/nodxt on the end (don't type [space] put a space) Run bz2 and tell us what happens, hope the issues are sorted soon if it isn't that.

That bug with the mission is more than likely original as I don't think they were edited for any of the patches, that tunnel problem is a collision bug where there is no collision, and as there is ground above you, the game goes "hoot hoot, hes under the ground! *POP*"

I never had this problem but it may be because I went about it in a roundabout way to you, perhaps the easiest but honorable way you could do this is to go to the other tunnel where the hauler is and just kick its ass from there, when shaby asks you to follow her, do so, but don't go into the tunnel, stay above ground and travel over her, should work.

If the problem still persists and the mission does not continue and you think you deserve to win, enter the console (CTRL+tidle) and type game.cheat bzwinner and press enter. You will now be on the next mission.

BZZERKER

That "pop" to the surface is due to a mis-alignment between either 2 tunnel sections or the last tunnel segment and the ramp for the building you come out in. IIRC, that map was touched up a little during beta (might be in the CL), I think it was to bury the root object for the other whole building you face when you leave the "hanger".

Marksman

The command flag does not appear to make a difference. The bitmap still switches back and forth between ground and a scion skin of some sort. I saw it in several places. The mose obvious is in the same mission, right outside where the hauler was taking the crate away, a rock outcropping that overhangs. The rock and surrounding ground switch back and forth. I saw it in other places where the rock overhangs on other maps (S&R).

On the tunnel issue, both the hauler and Shabby pop to the surface at the same point, the end of the tunnel inside the hanger. The ramp goes down, then is flat for a short distance, a few yards. Then the ground changes color. This coincides with where the roof connects. That is the point where they both pop. BZ's description is probably correct.  It does not affect me though. I go in that tunnel without a problem.

Axeminister

I was a tester for the patch and reported this. may not have been something there was enough time to fix.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

The texture issue sounds like you have Bump Maps enabled.  If so, disable bump mapping and the issue should go away.  Sometimes scion and other times ISDF textures replace ground textures when bump mapping is enabled.

Raven

Ph I'm sorry MarksMan I read it wrong :P Well if the textures appear nasty at anytime, at least you know what to do :P (Thats guessing you don't have mipmaps on 1 :P)

Spawn

Could the texture issue be the same one seen with DC and the flashing units/glowtextures?