• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

can not open the console

Started by mag, October 29, 2006, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mag

since installing the pb3 patch I have not been able to open or close the console. My 1.2 install was also affected, which I tried erasing and reinstalling a new copy. Still have the same problem, I wouldn't think it should affect my other install but it does. any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

That's usually caused by the tilde "~" key being remapped...  are you running the English version of BZ2?

-Av-

mag

yes I am runnung english version. I did have a problem with the tilde key at first, but I got that working for rotating buildings and selecting units.

Raven

I have a UK keyboard, the buttons is not actually "~" as that for me is under backspace.

They key you want is the one under esc, CTRL and that key, if you type it it types ` or ¬ or ¦.

Hope that sorts your problem, I don't even know if that key is called tilde on these keboards :lol:

mag

I know what keys to use, it's just not working. It used to work before the new upgrade.

Red Devil

Do you have a file called bzgame_keys.cfg in your install?
What box???

mag

no, I can't find it in any of my installs.

Red Devil

Who's the manufacturer of your keyboard?
What box???

Red Devil

Just had a thought.  Try putting a new version of an XSI in your addon.  That should force open the console upon map startup.
What box???

mag

It's a laptop, hp pavilion zd8230us model. If the console is already open I won't be able to close it. I had that problem with a mod already.

Red Devil

Are you using Ctrl-~ to open/close it or just ~ ?
What box???

GSH

On UK keyboards, you need to hit Control and the key with ` ¬ on it.

-- GSH

Raven

I said that already guys:

Quote from: Raven on October 30, 2006, 09:41:01 AM
I have a UK keyboard, the buttons is not actually "~" as that for me is under backspace.

They key you want is the one under esc, CTRL and that key, if you type it it types ` or ¬ or ¦.

Hope that sorts your problem, I don't even know if that key is called tilde on these keboards :lol:

But that seems to not be the problem, hmm.

You don't have a bzgame_keys? That might be the problem.

Heres mine if this helps, use save target as so that the file stays a .cfg not .txt otherwise you will have to change it, it's not slightly hard but you may not know how to do it (no disrespect, some people just don't know.)
If your using mozilla go on "save link as" and add a .cfg to the filename, make sure the Save as Type is on All Files. Again, no disrespect for being so, uhm, instruction but thought I may as well put this in incase you needed help later.

Drop it into addon, might be ok... Be sure to delete that from addon if you change patches in any way though, might not matter, but just to be safe :)

Hope your problems are sorted soon, that being stuck closed/open I understand could be a realy bitch.

GSH

The console is NOT controlled by anything in bzgame_keys.cfg. Thank you.

-- GSH

Raven

Fair 'nuff :)
Just thought anyway; he will have that cfg, its in the pak, I doubt hes looking in there :P

Ok back to the brainstorm...