• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

screen limitations in satellite view

Started by llulla, November 17, 2006, 04:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llulla

When you play the game from CommBunker, it turns out that a good deal of the screen on the upper left, is off limits. I think it is something like 1/4 of the sat view that is "unclickable". I have to pan the whole view and bring the left side units close to the center of the screen in order to click on them. It creates problems in time-critical interventions.
Is it any way to activate this part of the satellite view or it is coded like that and remains like that?

Commando

I think the cfg files are the reason for that.  If a unit gets behind any shell element, it becomes unclickable.  For example, it gets behind the f keys or the recycler keys.

APCs r evil

Can it be fixed easily then?

Oh and if you hadn't noticed, when you tell a constructor to build anything just by clicking the numbers in sattelite view, when you actually click the number of what you want it to build (For example, [2] for a Gun Spire) the build menu closes. So you have to press the number you want on the keyboard.

Raven

Well, yeah, those interfaces aren't button elements, they won't respond to clicks :)

Spawn

Commando

Wow, that is something I never noticed before.  Never spent much time in the relay bunker in order to try that out.

Raven

Really? Well I guess I'm mistaken, must have mis-read that cfg! Sorry :P

Tempest Storm

Unfortunately this unclickable area in the Sat. view is a complete and total Deadzone for any and all interaction...why? I don't really know, I just remember having to find a way to revise the BZ2RTS interface accordingly as there was no possible way to add clickable objects/information in those areas.

Commando

I would have thought the interface covering any objects prevents them from being interactable.  I could be wrong, but I would give moving the bzgame_command.cfg to see if that helps.  Maybe the icon tries to interact with the cfg file because it overlaps any vehicles under it.  Both the bzgame_command.cfg and bzgame_base.cfg cover the top portion of the screen.

Then again, your config may have had the icons on the bottom of the screen proving my guess wrong.

BZZERKER

I had posted about both issues in private beta a long time ago and I guess it was either lost in the shuffle or just ignored because of who it came from. :? :|

The cons thing at the time only sent you back to the previous menu, which would then end up as a vicious circle.

llulla

The cons thing was there in 1.2. The dead area on the right side ( I was sleeping  :-D when I wrote LEFT in my  post :lol:) appeared in 1.3. It looks like it is related to the taunts and objectives boxes but that is an impression from the outside. Maybe those squares are not transparent to mouse click. :?

Commando