• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The mechana live...well sort of now.

Started by Got-Silk?, November 20, 2006, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prithee harken to ancient words of wisdom:

For every irresistable force there is an immovable object.

And...

Every rule has an exception, including this one.  :)

For thou shouldst knowest:

Balance is all about give and take...  love and hate...  measure and countermeasure. 

Still, you can't have a good game without having at least one weapon that has no counter, or a counter that can't be cracked by a weapon.  Those are the game enders, the tie breakers, and should be the prize at the top of the tech tree for the fast attacker, or doom for the slow defender.

The dearer the price, the sweeter should be the rewards...

Reaching that prize game ending tech should mean you have to expose your soft underbelly, give up your firstborn, and complete the labours of Hercules.  With that level of sacrifice the reward should be the total and complete devastation of the enemy or utter and total invulnerability.  Risk all, gain much.  That makes a good game.

Nap time...

-Av-

Tempest Storm

Thou hast heard thy words of BZ's greatest Philospher :)

Red Devil

But does not the Mauler come with the wind like so many locust?
Nor the Bomber in the clouds?
Does the Archer care upon which steep mount he sits, mocking those who would try to slay him?
Or the Scuttle mind the cries of Avatar as it nibbles at his heels?

Swarm Pilot: Balance!?  We don't need no stinkin' balance:lol:
What box???

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Red Devil

What box???

You should see them now that they WORK...  hehe...  brrrrrrrr

-Av-

Red Devil

:-o  It's too late for Avatar.  He's fallen under the spell of the Dark Side with Natty...  :-(
What box???

Lizard

he's always been there, he just never had the power before...  :lol:

now he's learned DLL trickery there'll be no stopping him.  :-o

I had the AI Maulers flying using only the Scriptor.  Just tell them to hunt, play an animation, replace unit with hovering one.  Simple. 

LOL, I actually can't quite figure out how to do it with just any Mauler in the DLL, but am taking apart the routine GSH has watching Scavs to see how to watch all Maulers. 

That'll be cool...   :)

-Av-

Red Devil

I guess when we hear Flight Of The Bumblebees playing in the background, it'll be too late.  :-o
What box???

OvermindDL1

Add an array/list of size, oh, I'd say make it dynamic and do *NOT* put it inside one of the transfer arrays.  Take the addobject function, whenever the mauler is built, add it to array/list.  In execute, do a test on all of them, I'd say make it so it only tests two a tick or so, the modulus operator is perfect for that, saves you from adding another variable to transfer around the network.  Make sure in Load that you serialize the handles out, in Save that you load them (if a variable sized array/list, make sure to put a leading count, or terminate with a zero or so), and in PostLoad to relink the handles (ConvertHandles).

Axeminister

Please don't make the Mechana any harder to defeat. Or at least make the rec variants available.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Lizard

Quote from: Axeminister on December 02, 2006, 07:12:20 AM
Please don't make the Mechana any harder to defeat. Or at least make the rec variants available.

:lol:

if they were any harder to beat the game would be over before it started.