• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

problems

Started by slasherc4, December 04, 2006, 05:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

I don't mean because its a laptop. I mean the OS

llulla

There are a lot of guides for tunning XP by unloading programs and stopping services, until it runs like charm (if that is ever possible for a microsoft product). These configurations are targeted to different profiles of users, from extreme gamer to all-functionality dependent.
I think  :wink: you will find a way to make your laptop run like a rocket. Get the laptop and have fun playing with it :-D.

Raven

Ok we aren't getting this..

The OS isn't windows. You think I'm paying money for another Windows machine? HA!

sabrebattletank

Emulator.

Mac? Linux? Other?

llulla

I am afraid you WILL have to have windows if you want to play BZ with minimum problems. To date, the emulators, even from Microsoft itself, are 90% bad choice :-P. Dual OS system maybe...

Raven

For the love of.. I know! I'm keeping this pile of microsoft-y hoot for that :P As well as the programs that I have accumilated.

Its a mac, I know theres a decent emulator but I'm not sure if it will handle bz2 with it running. I couldn't stand to have it on low graphics :P If your gonna play it, play it fully :)
Then again, by the time I have the money they will have been upgraded 3 times for that same price, so I might get away with it :P

I can't remember if 'Panther (the newest in development) works with the types of hardware Windows uses, might get away with a dual-boot. I really don't care. Infact no, I'm not bogging down anew laptop with all the hoot that Winodws gets itself into and allows in.
Though it would be nice to be able to use my current programs on the lappy and not have to go upstairs to this one. But still no. Not doing it.

I don't do hardware so I can't say what they are called, but basically, the current macs don't work with _based hardware. Which prevents a dualboot. Though my friend hacked his to work with it. I don't know. I really don't :P

squirrelof09

QuoteFor the love of.. I know! I'm keeping this pile of microsoft-y hoot for that Tongue As well as the programs that I have accumilated.

You know.. microsoft has really done alot of nice things for us.. Sure it has its ups and downs,, but you dont have to make all the downs so bad and say microsoft sucks...

I could name alot of reasons why mac sucks (don't like it when I said that.. huh?)
Though it would be nice to be able to use my current programs on the lappy and not have to go upstairs to this one. But still no. Not doing it.

I know alternative ways to do that...you could ask me and I can tell you how..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

Not particularly bothered to be honest, its your opinion. Your entitled to it. Both have their problems, nothings perfect, I just prefere mac over others because of the experiences I've had with my brothers laptop, for what I would use it for it's perfect.
Plus I said this machine was crap. With XP on it which makes it worse :lol:. I wasn't aiming it directly at the OS.

But hey, lets not get into this here, I think theres a topic about Microsoft in the OT boards. Might be a little while ago though :P
Just the way they have screwed me over has really annoyed me.
An example of how much of this would be that my Windows XP is a legit copy that I paid from my pocket and I can't get any updates as they seem to think its pirate. So they asked me for money to buy a key thingy. Will they help? Your joking right? And other stuff that I'm not bothering with. Ah the blue screen of death (older windows though) and the crashes are hardly amusing.

That would be nice sq, cheers for offering to help. Would be nice to be able to do it. I take it its remote desktop? You reckon' that will work with a different OS on each? I never even did it from Windows to Windows :lol:

Now, poke me with a sharp, pointy object and I will get upset :P

squirrelof09

QuoteThat would be nice sq, cheers for offering to help. Would be nice to be able to do it. I take it its remote desktop? You reckon' that will work with a different OS on each? I never even did it from Windows to Windows cheesy

Wasn't refering to remote desktop :P

Windows XP professional can not connect to Home or Media Edition, but can connect to another professional OS.

Windows XP Home can connect to Win XP Pro, but can not connect to media or home editions.

Windows XP Media can connect to Win XP pro but can not connect to home or media editions.

Windows XP is pretty much the dominant computer :)

Raven

Oh my god. Scandal!

So, whats your idea?

squirrelof09

QuoteWindows XP is pretty much the dominant computer Smiley

Whoops... That should be

Windows XP Pro is pretty much the dominant computer.

Raven

I have Pro.

Now where was this topic again?

llulla

Buy whatever you want and Raven and enjoy it. Just check carefully that BZ2 will play properly and this may as well end this topic.

Raven

I'm keeping this machine for bz2! I just want a laptop, with a different OS ;)