• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

YAY!!!! FE in its full glory.

Thanks RD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Red Devil

Thanks.  Most of the ODF work to make it compatible with 1.3 was done by Commando.  I just tweaked some stuff, got the MPI DLL working with 1.3, and condensed everything.

The bulk of the credit goes to the FE devs though.  I just made a quick trip through the SP missions using BZwinner to make sure they work and I'm really amazed by what they accomplished.

Still some bugs in it, like missing path points, but that'll be taken care of.  Save games should work now though.  :-)

Oh yeah, since the AI Skill defaults to Level 3 now, FE is even harder now.   :evil:
What box???

Red Devil

Forgot to mention that the SP missions show up in the MP map list, but I'll fix that later.
What box???

Red Devil

Sorry, you'll need to delete you old FE_PB3_Maps folder before installing the SP fix.

If you've already installed the SP fix, you can delete the FE_PB3_Maps folder and re-install the SP fix.

SP fix download post updated.
What box???

Red Devil

Just for the sake of clarity, you're all beta testers for this and OM will make an exe installer once we get things where we want them.
What box???

ScarleTomato

it works! thanks! must have been that loop. Glad to see it's working now. awesome job. my brothers and i will be playing this all the time now so, well definitely help beta test.

tarquin1048

Thanks RD works great!! No issues so far. A big thanks to all.

Red Devil

Some of the AIP's aren't working.  I know AI Scion vs ISDF works well.
What box???

Red Devil

Noticed that if a teammate captures the Captureable object, it gets credited to hos individual team, not the team as a whole, so I'll fix that.
What box???

Red Devil

Pretty sure I fixed the Capture object not going to team 1 (human's team) when a human thug captures it.

In the PB4 version, the Capture object has a capture timer on it and can be repeatedly recaptured back and forth by the AI or the human race.
What box???

Ego - Nikolas

I did my home work before bed time, play :)

1 bug

Then after a while i went to portal in that map/game and server went to: game over

ViperBC

The second bug I've noticed is when switching from the Radar Map to the Overview Map using the "R" key.  The Overview map overlaps the Scrap indicator in all screen resolution configurations.  Take a look at the screen shot in Ego's post.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Red Devil

In Gameprefs, you can set how and where the radar is displayed.

I use 1280x1024 res, so this is what I use:

(I think you're both drunk.  No, wait, that's me.)

//Play_MapRadarHeight = 128
//Play_MapRadarWidth = 128
//Play_MapRadarXMult = 0.0
//Play_MapRadarXDiff = 30.0
//Play_MapRadarYMult = 1.0
//Play_MapRadarYDiff = -10.0

//Play_MapRadarHeight = 256
//Play_MapRadarWidth = 256
//Play_MapRadarXMult = 0.0
//Play_MapRadarXDiff = 55.0
//Play_MapRadarYMult = 1.0
//Play_MapRadarYDiff = -20.0

Play_MapRadarHeight = 307
Play_MapRadarWidth = 307
Play_MapRadarXMult = 0.0
Play_MapRadarXDiff = 55.0
Play_MapRadarYMult = 1.0
Play_MapRadarYDiff = -20.0

Edit_MapRadarHeight = 307
Edit_MapRadarWidth = 307
Edit_MapRadarXMult = 0.0
Edit_MapRadarXDiff = 55.0
Edit_MapRadarYMult = 1.0
Edit_MapRadarYDiff = -20.0

// Same as above, but for the 3D cockpit radar. [applies to play &
// editor, actually] You may need to keep the aspect ratio constant
// here; if not 1.85:1, the XSI may need tweaking
//Play_CockpitRadarHeight = 140
//Play_CockpitRadarWidth = 260
//Play_CockpitRadarXMult = 0.0
//Play_CockpitRadarXDiff = 35.0
//Play_CockpitRadarYMult = 1.0
//Play_CockpitRadarYDiff = 0.0

//Play_CockpitRadarHeight = 190
//Play_CockpitRadarWidth = 351
//Play_CockpitRadarXMult = 0.0
//Play_CockpitRadarXDiff = 35.0
//Play_CockpitRadarYMult = 1.0
//Play_CockpitRadarYDiff = 0.0

Play_CockpitRadarHeight = 256
Play_CockpitRadarWidth = 474
Play_CockpitRadarXMult = 0.0
Play_CockpitRadarXDiff = 48.0
Play_CockpitRadarYMult = 1.0
Play_CockpitRadarYDiff = -10.0
What box???

Red Devil

Game over due to portals, eh?  Yeah, I've faced that myself.  I'll have to check them.
What box???

tarquin1048

I have the same issue with the radar & overview map as it does overlap the scrap counter?

The game is great though & the instant action maps are very tough using the FE AI. I had a solid base in one of them & was about to send a hord of Hornet Rockets into the Scion base but before I went about 20 scion Brawlers came into my base & total cleaned me out & blitzed my recycler & all!!!  :roll:

One question Red Devil, is do you intend to add the other 3 way instant action maps when you have time, that were in the original FE 1.2 version? Or are you waiting for this PB4 before adding anything else?

Thanks again for your time making this compatible!