• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

What box???

llulla

I tried without it (somehow I had deleted it) and IA seems to work normally.  I played Entrapment and Firestorm with no errors. When tried other AIP levels than 1.3 default. console  appeared with errors and AI did not deploy recycler.

I noticed that the maps we can play are only those of 1.3,  maybe I did something wrong...???!!!

Red Devil

Or right.  :lol:

Were you able to play against the ISDF or Scions using 1.3?
What box???

llulla

Yes! I like to be Hadean so immediately fired Hadean VS Scion on three maps :roll:.
AIP works most of the time fine. I even was swiped out several times  from hordes of Brawlers :x that were not seen in plain 1.3-3.3 or WUGs 3.4.  When I reduced the scrap domination of CPU from 5 to 2-3 pools, it stopped suddenly producing units. I am not sure if it is a regular behaviour. When I have time, I will repeat some maps, several times, to get an average estimate

Typical errors I encounter, not affecting the game, are two.
First, the start up warning about resources duplication. I may have copied Commandos not properly. Please advice! 
Second, the taunts box can't be deactivated and if filled all the time with errors of missing files. Maybe related to the first problem.

Commando

The duplicate assets are in feaddon, which I haven't touched.  The FE team left duplicate assets in feaddon which trigers the issue.

llulla

I have simply copied your FE13 folder at the root of BZ13+FE folder, then changed the commandline. Is that ok?

The duplicates warning is not a problem anyway. What about the taunts box. It does not go away via menu and when tries to display taunts shows missing links to wha should have been the taunts.

Red Devil

Okay, I'm confused.  You say that you are using 1.3 PB3 to play FE and are playing against Scions using the FE_MPI_101.DLL?
What box???

llulla

I never checked that file's version. I just followed the procedure: 1-install1.3pb3; 2-FE fullinst_RevC;  2- Placed Commando's files in the install folder of above, arranged that the new febzone.cfg be in the cmd line.
Just clicked the FE icon and the game came up showing in the start screen 1.3pb3. I played directly Instant Action, noticing that, only 1.3 maps were showing on left window, but no FE maps.
First, I selected Firestorm, then decided Hadean vs. Scion, then selected AIP level - Standard 1.3. It did not work - as I posted above, starts with console errors.
Second, I select Entrapment - small map also from Greenheart, selected Hadean vs. Scion, DID NOT CHANGE AIP difficulty (so it runs Default 1.3). This time it worked fine and I had a lot of pleasant surprises.
Third, again back to Firestorm, Hadean vs. Scion, leaving AIP default, it worked, at least until the Sonic Rockets of the Brawlers didn't erase most of my base including me :-D.

This is a full report of what I did, starting from a clean install of BZ2. I you need that I test/try something else, just tell me RD.

Red Devil

Ah, I see.  Not MPI, IA.  I'll post the MPi dll and AIP's today so you can play ISDF vs ISDF and Scion vs ISDF in MPI using 1.3 PB3 and Commando's fixes for FE in 1.3 later today.  The AIP's are just for FE Mega Mountain so far.  I'll make generic ones from it too.
What box???

llulla

I wrote down the messages I see in the taunts box that are:   "missing evapc.odf" and "missing evdow.odf"  . I searched for all odfs in the newly installed 1.3+FE folder. These two files are nowhere.

If I change the AIP level to standard, the console shows and error saying: " standardfe0.aip not found".  Obviously, I did not find anything like that in my system. 

The default AI behaviour in 1.3 FEIA is much alike the difficult levels of 1.3. I get hit pretty soon with heavy pieces.

Red Devil

Those file missing messages are due to copy/paste errors in the AIP's.  You just have to change the name tot he correct unit is all.

Was playing Dark Forest MPI last night, so my AIP's work on other maps too, so it won't be long.
What box???

llulla

As it is now, IA is good, even challenging. It has costed me a couple of long nights  :-D, so I won't be rushing to the newer settings  Anyway, thanks RD for your help.

Red Devil

I'm going to modify all the MPI map .inf's (sorry, been procrastinating about it because it's tedious :roll:) , stick them in my FE 1.3 folder, then post a MPI-for-FE-1.3 zip.

I'm not including any AIP's right now because I am always finding things to improve in the Attacker plans.

You'll just have to unzip the zip file to the root folder of your FE install using the 'Use Folder Names' option.

The zip will contain a file called fe13bzone.cfg.  Either replace your current bzone.cfg with its contents or use the -config parameter on your shortcut.   

The zip will contain a folder call 'FE13_MPI_Assets' that will be placed in the root of your BZ2 folder. I did it this way so that the assets I'm providing won't overwrite any of Commando's files and it will use any files in my folder first.

The zip will contain a folder called 'missions' which will contain the new FE13MPI.dll.  I'll leave it to you to rename it to FE_MPI_101.dll on your end so unzipping it doesn't overwrite yor existing FE_MPI_101.dll.  I could have modified all the maps to use FE13MPI.dll, but I'm too lazy.

So, again for clarity's sake, here's what you do (baby step style):

1. If you don't already have one, make a dedicated FE install.
2. Make sure it has RevD installed.
3. Make sure you have Commando's FE 1.3 files installed in that install.
4. Download the Zip.
5. Open the Zip.
6. Select the 'Use folder names' option.
7. Extract to the root of your FE install that has Commando's FE 1.3 installed.
8. Rename your existing FE_MPI_101.dll and then rename FE13MPI.dll to FE_MPI_101.dll.
9. Either change your shortcut to use the FE13bzone.cfg or replace the contents of your current bzone.cfg with its contents.
10. Fire up FE using the shortcut, select an MPI map, then select Extra Options and go through the screens and set the options to what you like, then
What box???

Red Devil

Oops. Looks like some AIP's I've been working on made their way in there.  Some may not function correctly yet.  If so, just delete them.

Also, if you play a non-FE map using FE AIP's, the console will open up warning you that some FE path points were not found.
What box???

llulla

Thanks for the detailed how-to RD.

Two questions:

- Is it going to affect the thing that I play most, IA?

- Which maps are FE specific?  After installng Commandos files, all I see is ONLY 1.3pb3 IA maps, I have obviously screwed the setup  :-D.