• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

No, it won't affect IA and, yes, it sounds like you did.

Do you have an FE13_MPI_Assets in your root folder?

Did you edit your shortcut or your bzone.cfg?
What box???

OvermindDL1

What FE-only pathpoints would it complain about?  Can it not fall back gracefully ignoring them (I am assuming you refer to thing like Rampage and so forth).

Red Devil

The ones pointed to in the AIP's, like Spike1, Def1, etc.

The consle will pop open when running non-FE maps in FE and you'll get messages like these:

DIAG|GLOBAL          |             console:844  |13:22:30|107678 |WARNING: FE13_fig.aip section Plan80 unable to find pathpoint fact

DIAG|GLOBAL          |             console:844  |13:22:30|107678 |WARNING: FE13_fig.aip section Plan85 unable to find pathpoint antm

DIAG|GLOBAL          |             console:844  |13:22:30|107678 |WARNING: FE13_fig.aip section Plan110 unable to find pathpoint sbay

DIAG|GLOBAL          |             console:844  |13:22:30|107678 |WARNING: FE13_fig.aip section Plan150 unable to find pathpoint stro
What box???

Red Devil

I'm working on making the AI more aggressive with the Attacker plans now.  I can't make them too aggressive, otherwise, you won't stand a chance on the higher difficulty settings and Rampage units, Monsters, etc.
What box???

Red Devil

What box???

llulla

What I get on the console during IA are similar messages referring to a different  .AIP module. Still some maps build AI units and somehow attack me. Any chance that IA AIPs will ever be revisited?

Red Devil

Yes, the ones I am working on now will work in IA too.  The maps just have to be pointed to them is all.  Do that by opening up the map's .inf file and setting this variable:

options_instant_string0 = "stock13_"  // Custom AIP base name, e.g. "stock13_" .

to this:

options_instant_string0 = "FE13_"  // Custom AIP base name, e.g. "FE13_" .

What box???

llulla

No,I did not find the folder you're saying in the BZ2 rootdir. The extraction of the  Commando's files created automatically a folder FE13. I moved this folder as-is inside BZ root and, from this dir movet to the root febzone.cfg, followed by the cmdline change.
Now I enter BZ-FE folder and among the usual folders I have FE13. Inside this is only a "mpi assets"folder.

Red Devil

Did you download and extract that zip I posted?
What box???

Red Devil

The AI's getting better at pool management.  At 79:30, they had a 140 scrap limit.  I took away 3 of their pools, giving them an 80 scrap limit, planted 3 of my Scavs on them. At 89:00, they had them all back, plus 2 more, giving them 180 scrap.   :-)  I can improve on that though.
What box???

llulla

I have it but didn't install. Fearing that I have mixed things up, I planed to do start another clean install.  I searched for the  .INF files with the strings you posted and wasn't lucky.  :?

Commando. How should I insert your files in the system, preserving the original folder you posted or,  copy the content of this folder (several directories) into FE root?

Commando

Copy it to your root bz2 folder.  I should be in C:\Battlezone II Folder\FE13.

Red Devil

Progress report:

Titans, Archers, and Maulers, Oh my...

What box???

GSH

When 1.3pb4 comes out, there should be *1* installer for FE w/ all the tweaks.

-- GSH

Red Devil

Definitely.  One fat and happy pak file with maps on the side.
What box???