• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llulla

Soorry Commando for my question wasn't formed very clearly. Let me describe in detail the procedure I do, and you correct me:

A  - Unzip your download. The proces creates a FE13 folder.
    - Copy FE13 folder from above AS-IS into BZ2 root. All your files remain inside this folder. In the process all FE maps dissapear
      leaving only 1.3 maps in the IA menu.

B  - Unzip your download. The proces creates a FE13 folder.
    - Copy THE CONTENTS of FE13 folder from above into BZ2 root. The directories like from FE13 will be at the same level
      as  FEaddon etc.

I have tried only A as I understood in the beginning but, the missing maps and not finding the things  Red is saying, induced me to think I did something wrong. :?

Commando

The FE team inappropriately named the maps folders in FEADDON.  Go into the FEADDON folder and make sure the instant actions folder is named "instant" and the multiplayer folder is named "Multiplayer".

Red Devil

Interesting.  Never noticed that before.

Lulla, use A, but save yourself a step and just unzip it into your BZroot.

Commando converted/updated the Forgotten Enemies assets and put them in the FE13 folder and I just modified the FE DLL so that you could play against races other than Hadean in MPI.  In the process, I had to modify the MPI .inf files and I also modified some assets.

I didn't want to change Commando's files and make him mad, so I made a separate folder for all my stuff which just overrides some of his files.

Therefore, in order to get FE MPI to work in 1.3 correctly, you'll need to have a directory structure like this:

BZroot
FE13_MPI_Assets
FE13
RevD
FEaddon
addon
data

To play MPI, put an entry in bzone/cfg/febzone.cfg  so it looks like this:

// The Battlezone2 Community Project
//
// Forgotten Enemies
//
// http://www.bzscrap.com

// Main config

ConfigureFileSystem()
{
ConfigureStream("base")
{
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13_MPI_Assets");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\RevD");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FEaddon");
AddPack("@rootdir\FEdata.pak");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\addon");
AddPack("@rootdir\patch13.pak");
  AddStream("texturesize");
  AddPack("@rootdir\data.pak");
  AddPack("@rootdir\bumps.pak");
  AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\data");
}

SetActiveStream("base");

// Optional, for mods -- the ability to put pilots & savegames in
// other directories. Commented out to simply demonstrate how to
// do it.

SetPilotsDirectory("FEpilots");
SetSavesDirectory("FEsaved");
}

Later on, Commando will simplify it all and put everything into one pak file and FEaddon.

If you don't want to play FE MPI in 1.3, comment out my folder like this:

//    AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13_MPI_Assets");
What box???

llulla

If the comming weekend is not warm and sunny (meaning I will go to sea for some sunbathing), I will delete, reinstall everything and let you know gentlemen :-D. Thanks a lot.

Red Devil

Before you go out there to get tan skin, you might want to take a look at this:

http://www.asktheinternettherapist.com/archive_skin_cancer.asp#photos
What box???

Red Devil

Just realized I can add ther Cerberi as a race in MPI.  :evil:
What box???

Red Devil

I made the mistake of setting difficulty to Normal  (4 difficulty levels nows: Easy, Low, Normal, High) and trying it that way.  :lol:
What box???

llulla

FEInstFE was the name of the IA folder inside FEAddon. I changed it to Instant but id did not affect the list of IA maps. Then I moved the whole folder to root\addon folder that 1.3 has created, containing Instant and Multiplayer foders. I copied all AIPs from Comando's 1.3compatibility folder to the same root\addon.
The FE maps now show in the IA menu and, when launched a 3-way, I had the pleasant surprise of no console errors :?. ??????????
Im I playing FE1.3 or, inadvertently, what I did, got me back to ole' FE?

The only missing thing is the 3-race selector below map's BMP picture box (appeared with Comando's files installation).

Commando

Do you have FEbzone.cfg installed in your root directory?  I'm sure you have the old version installed from when you installed FE, but I updated it so it would look in the FE13 folder.

Then again, the feinstant folder isn't in the FE13 folder so that isn't an issue specific to my update.

Commando

FEaddon\missions\FEinstFE

FEinstFE is the folder you should see which should be renamed to instant.

llulla

Yes, renamed that, I think I wrote so in my previous post. It did not change anything.
Where can I read the version of the downloaded FE13,. What version should be the last?

Red Devil

I can't find any 3way maps in my install either.  The FE3wayia.exe on BZscrap says it has invalid data, but the FE3wayia2.exe worked.
What box???

Commando

If you look a few posts up, you should see what your febzone.cfg file should look like.  Red Devil posted it in a huge quote.  Just copy all of the text, excluding the first line then paste that into your febzone.cfg overriding everything else.

mag

after I changed the feinstfe folder to instant, everything shows up. but my problem is playing instant action maps the rock and canyons. the ai team didn't try to take any pools. I played hadean against scion on the rock and they didn't build thier base and only took one pool in base. I played hadean against edf on canyons. they built thier base and sent out one tank two times and then stoped. they only took the pool in base. any ideal on how to correct this?

Commando

The aips need to be udpated which is what Red Devil is working on.