• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

I just looked again and there are 6 3-way IA maps in the list.  Did you install the SP fix?  You have to delete the old FE_PB3_Maps folder before you install it.

As for the radar, just plug those radar setups into your Gameprefs file.  Pretty sure I made some for 800, 1024, and 1280.

Also, some of the AIP's don't work.  If you find some that don't, please tell me which ones aren't working.  I have some newer AIP's to replace the ones that don't work.

FE MPI for PB4 will have:

- Cerberi as a playable race/opponent race.
- Recapture-able object.
- Weapon countering y the AI.
- Better AIP's.
- More fun for the whole family!
What box???

Red Devil

Today, I've been working on getting the AIP's unstuck and making them more efficient.
What box???

Red Devil

Got all the 3-Way IA plans unstuck, collecting pools, EDF building the Bomber bay/Bomber/Bombing both the Hadeans and Scions, and am adding more Attacker plans/units.  :evil:   :evil:
What box???

Ego - Nikolas

tarquin1048

RD: I have all 6 of the 3-way IA maps but what I was asking is that there are 17 IA 3-way maps in the 1.2 version of FE so will the aim be to make all these maps 1.3 compatible? I know it is very time consuming recoding all these!

Red Devil

17?  That's.... 17 minus 6... 9, no, 11 more?  Cool.

*goes and looks in his DL folders*

Just found the other 3-ways, so this is what I have now:

Box
Canyon X
Cornered
Demolition Desert
Grassland
Ground Zero
Radioactive
Red Planet
River Mayhem
River Styx
Primordial Soup
Purple Rain
Subterfuge
The Scrap Pit
Three Ways
Urban Meltdown
Wild Wood

Plus 5 FE Variety maps:

Canyons
Pluto Base
Red Hell
Rock
Scrap Pit

I also have a fe3wayia.exe that 'contains no valid data', so if anybody has that, please post it.

Thanks for the heads up.
What box???

Red Devil

There's also a CP Snipe Venus and Earth Assault IA map.
What box???

Ego - Nikolas

Red i whant to play with you, so when your on ?

Red Devil

My install has been modified, so you/I would get bad assets.  I'll post a (small) update this weekend.
What box???

Ego - Nikolas

Red Devil

Just added Service Trucks with increased range to the 3-way AI plans, made the AI build units that don't run out of ammo, and basically just made life miserable for everyone.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Still a few units getting stuck here and there, but I can fix that...  :-)
What box???

TheJamsh

Red devil are you doing all this on youre own?!?!

L:GEND!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

tarquin1048

I had to reinstall BZII 1.2 with FE to double check how many IA maps there were & I was surprised myself to count 17!!! It's been that long since I played them.

Your 1.3 version has certainly made the 3 way tougher in the maps that are on there if you use the FE AIP. "Three Ways Frozen" was a real pig in 1.2 cause everytime I played it the game would crash!  :x

Imagine "Demolition Desert" in the 1.3 compatibility using the FE AIP   :evil:  :evil:

You post said "I also have a fe3wayia.exe that 'contains no valid data', so if anybody has that, please post it."?? I am no computer wizz but I could help if I knew what I was looking for or what exactly you want?

Red Devil

Yes, I'm doing this on my own right now, but as previously stated, Commando did a *lot* of the ODF work to get things compatible.  I've done a lot of ODF work and DLL work lately and am in the midst of revamping the 3-way AIP's.  Still have some more DLL tweaks to do.

I'm using Demolition Desert to test them now.  :-D   I'm changing the AIP's so they will attack more in mixed groups instead of piecemeal. Also, the staging points are across the map from the bases, so that leads to units on the way to clash with one another, which is pretty neat.  I also made them collect and attack pools more, so that also varies which units the AI builds.  You'll see lots more Scavs on the map.

Added missing Assault Tanks and adding more Walkers and Hammers to the EDF attacks.  Added missing Archers and more Maulers, Titans, and Brawlers to the Scion attacks.  Adding more Xerrakis, Krahanos, Hedoux, Atlas, and Zeus to the Hadean attacks.  EDF Bomber attacks both sides equally well.

Also made the AI attack opposing bases more evenly.

The way it is now, most units are sent out by Attacker plans, so they are sent to the staging point as they are built, which leads to clashes and group breakups.

I'll be stacking the Attacker plans at the beginning (without buildifnoidle), then the base building plans, then the unit building plans.  That will help ensure that the attackers go in groups, the base is built so that requirements are met, and that the units are built before being staged.
What box???

ViperBC

Red Devil

Just tried Mega Mountain, with your latest installs/patches.  Good map.  I was trying some different startup configurations with MPI.
I found that with the Extra Options, page 2, Starting Recyclers, most variants without "Stock Repair Units" in the name do not work.
I found that unless I pick a variant with Stock Repair Units

Is this the way it is suppose to be?    :-(