• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NEW: - ODF Editor V2.0

Started by shane ward, May 11, 2007, 10:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

This topic no longer in Use!
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Commando

I don't believe the command WeightInTons does anything.  If it is used at all, it is used by WalkerClass.  The parameter exists, but bz2 does nothing with it.

Red Devil

Well this is a pleasant surprise.   :-o  This was on my list of things to do, so I'm very happy you did it.  :-)

I loaded up my ivmisl.odf that has most of all the newer ODF entries and it said it didn't recognize the AttackTaskTimeout1..4.
What box???

shane ward

I have not heard of the AttackTaskTimeout1..4 so the program does not support that ;)..... If I can have a copy off the odf I can look at it ;)

I can be E-mailed at Kggf@hotmail.com

Red Devil

I hear ya.  The best source for the newest ODF entries is Commando's Modlog(TM).  I'll send you my ODF though.
What box???

Commando

Shane, if you want a heads up on what's possible in the latest version of 1.3, I can send you my latest changelog.  You have access to the latest beta so you should be able to locate many of the new settings in the changelog.

GSH

The maps & mods board would be a better place for the modlog. Yes, most of the params are for 1.3pb#, but there's a few entries that explain things in all 1.x versions.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

I think you need to double check the ordering of when some controls are added to forms.  Example, on the very first "New ODF" form, hit down, it goes to the 4th one (should have gone to the second), hit down again it goes to the third, hit down again it goes to accept, down again it goes to close, down again it goes to the second, down again it goes to the third, a rather bit funky there I must say. :P

Also, the close "X" in the upper right for the subforms do not work, either remove them, or make them work. :)

The checkboxes, what does it mean when it is red?

Also, has a habit of removing entires that, I guess it doesn't know about...

GreenHeart

You've mis-spelled Explosion in your Interface however it is spelled correctly in the odf file that is created.  Also the program should be set to prompt to the user to either remove or ignore lines instead of auto removing lines it don't know about. 
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

shane ward

Hello people. I am back off my holiday and have been doing a little work on the program....

As "OvermindDL1" said I have fixed the ordering in the tab index so if you use the tab or the arrow keys it should be a little better to control and not go crazy.... I cannot believe I missed the Tab index option in VB but I guess mistakes do happen...

Also I am not sure which sub forms do not have the "X" working, they should not be any "X" close button on any sub forms the close button does all that, If someone can tell me where it is it could help.

Also there are supposed to be no red checkboxes in the program, but if they are that probably means that it is 1:) It is disabled and not in use 2:) it is selected as a default value unless you check it and chose what you want.

I am looking for operating errors too, eg when you make a unit it does not work properly in the game ;) if anyone can find one, please post, I have not found any new errors as of yet…

Also one big problem that I may not be able to fix straight away is the programs cleaning process, removing lines it does not understand, as my programming skills are not that advanced and I can only do simple programming this program is designed for people who are not custom to odf and designed to make odf's in a simple manor, more like when battlezone first came out. I have done my best to incorporate more complex commands for the people dedicated to the game and who know more about it.

Well I would like to thank everyone for testing and posting there views and comments, keep them coming ;)

Shane

GreenHeart

The aip Editor is another program that would be nice to have the option to LEAVE STUFF it don't understand.  Just because it don't understand something don't mean it shouldn't be removed from that file without ASKING. The aip editor has a HARD limit of how many things you can add.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

shane ward

Just a note.. When a Odf file is saved it will allways ask you where to save and what to overright so it will not erase an old file with extra things on it, when using the program no one will need to worry about loosing any data made before editing with the ODF editor.