• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nasty Crash. What happened?

Started by General_Hoohah, July 23, 2007, 11:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

Apparently its only doing that when I actually host a game.... otherwise I can run the game for however long I want to. Wierd....

So does anyone have any clue what this is?
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Commando

As I said earlier, there are no clues contained in the logs you posted.  Your link also refuses to work so there are no clues there.

If there was a section starting with [ E X C E P T I O N ] that would provide a clue as to the issue.

squirrelof09

It works for me, alot of unicode there
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Commando

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
     Diagnose Connection Problems 

More information

squirrelof09

Commando

It oddly came up now.  I don't know what to make of that.  I don't know if GSH will either.

General, make sure the log on your hard-drive matches that you uploaded.  I've never seen that type of info in a log produced by bz2 before.  Make sure it didn't get corrupted while uploading.

squirrelof09

oh, theres a second page to this... explains why it says *you've already submitted this post*

squirrelof09

{
   "FilterList"
   {
      "InternetGames"
      {
         "appId"      "0"
         "ping"      "100"
         "NoFull"      "0"
         "NoEmpty"      "0"
         "NoPassword"      "1"
         "secure"      "1"
         "location"      "0"
      }
      "FavoriteGames"
      {
         "appId"      "0"
         "ping"      "0"
         "NoFull"      "0"
         "NoEmpty"      "0"
         "NoPassword"      "0"
         "secure"      "1"

*cut*

How did this get in the log file....?

It was near the end..

Commando

That's what I'm wondering.  I know bz2 would go bad due to a corrupted log.ini, but the bug I encountered was different.  It would prevent bz2 from even loading.

You said this only occurs in G66 when you host?

General_Hoohah

Yeah, only when I host.

I'll see what happens when I host a non G66 game.

Red Devil

What box???

Nielk1

This isn't the Explosiv release of Battlezone is it?  Just thought I'd ask as I have heard horror storries about said version.

Do you use a 3rd part program in any relation to Battlezone?
Multiplayer game matchmakers (out of game lobby) or god forbid some sort of trainer?

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

I have a theory as to how to view any AV that might come up. Windows Vista can run BZII. If BZII crashes, vista *may* not crash with it. Vista has been given a few redesigns to try to avoid crashing when a game crashes.

I have windows vista and might be able to reproduce the bug. How exactly does the bug happen (I skimmed through the topic, but I heard it happened only when you host).

General_Hoohah

I host a G66 game.... thats it. LOL Also I don't use any other programs when BZ2 is running. I manually shut down all non essential programs when I play it. So NOTHING is running but important system processes.

Like I said before, Im using newer drivers for my 6800 GT, version 94.24. Could that have anything to do with it? I was hoping to get some better fps in the Synergy Mod for HL2 and I think it actually worked. :-o

mrtwosheds

As a guess, I would be inclined to think that all that "code" in the log Is not produced by bz2, some of the legible parts in it mention programs that are not connected with bz2 as far as I know.