• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AntilagXP ?

Started by Ras-French, January 04, 2008, 06:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ras-French

hello , i have just find this " AntilagXP.zip " from year 2005... here : http://www.theoutcasts.net/modules/Downloads/fileuploads/AntilagXP.zip#get

I would just know if someone used this and it is realy efficient with bzone II 1.2 and FE ?
and if yes where must i install it ?  in C:\Program Files\Activision\Battlezone by default or in each folder of my bzone's games ?

thx all and happy new year 2008 , i'm dreaming  this year give us a new Bzone III with direct X 10 ....

Lizard

I've got a feeling that this patch will only be useful for older activision games such as Battlezone1 etc.

I'm certain that the antilag XP patch is for BZ1.

-Av-

Ras-French

Mr. Spock

AntilagXP is a wrong (read: fake) name for Windows NT (2K/XP/Vista) fix for Battlezone 1.

What that installer actually does is install "winets2.dll" into your ...Battlezone\dll folder, overwriting old "winets2.dll", which was for Windows 95/98/Me. It doesn't remove or reduce lag like the name is falsely suggesting.

Besides replacing ".dll" you also need to delete vehicle's avi's in ...Battlezone\anims folder, cause they don't work (they give UE) in Multiplayer under Windows NT.