• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Scriptor, Mission Difficulty, and you...

Started by Avatar, January 21, 2008, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: Avatar on January 23, 2008, 02:41:26 PM
The mark of a good mission is that it won't play exactly the same each time, so if they catch you napping you're toast even if you were the one making the script.  There should be an ebb and flow, a mix of tactics and styles, and a touch of randomness to make it fun.

:)

-Av-

I take it we are randomizing with the computer clock miliseconds as the seed?

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

BZ2 supplies a couple random functions that are synced across the network (assuming they are called an equal number of times of course), probably that.

Um...  remember, it's me...  the storyteller.  I'm not talking about MP, I'm talking about SP/IA.

I'd need either serious DLL help or OM's Scriptor for MP missions as I wouldn't even know where to start right now.  The only way the BZC MP DLL worked at all was with a ton of hand holding by OM and GSH, I couldn't have done it properly on my own.

-Av-