• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is it possible to cheat in multiplayer?

Started by darkwarrior, February 02, 2008, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Having a computer issue keyboard commands faster than you are humanly able to isn't playing.
What box???

Commando

What type of macro do people setup using the G15?  I have a G15, but I never really played with the macros.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 08, 2008, 05:30:59 PM
That odf switch was a sugestion, not a real command.
Really? I remember seeing it in the changlelog also...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Commando

Nope.  There is a use12physics for tracked vehicles, but it causes some major bugs which is a prime example of why Ken would be the person to ask.

Nielk1

I think one of the few 1.2 toggles to work right is the targetting.

Click on the image...

Sonic

In my initial comments, I was showing the flaws in ZA's "It's a Skill" argument by pointing out that anyone with programming 'skills' could easily hunt down and cause trouble for BZ2. This isn't just limited to BZ2 though, alot of hackers that hit corporation have skills to do so, but it no longer becomes a 'skill' when they perform illegal operation of breaking in.

As for Nathan, he should post what vulerabilities he has patched in general detail. I've not pointed out how to make a specially crafted string/network packets that crash the game, nor have I giving any code examples on how to make a program to grab Gamespy info, mask itself to look like a BZ2 client and perform network packet exchanges with a BZ2 server.

If 1.2 users try to come out of this and saying we are 'forcing' them to upgrade, they are only kidden them selves. I mean seriously, have you ever looked at a vulerability database? Its like blaiming those who found, posted and fixed an buffer overflow in Apache. People like ZA have been informed of the potential exploits, they assume the risks if they continue to use it. Just as a System Administrator would assume the risk by not updating Apache.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Nielk1

Its probably the avatar, but it just seems like your an angry person... :roll:

Programming is a skill, yes.
So is flying (if you can do it well).
So it playing a nice long and good strat game.
So is walking, though we take that for granted realy.
Eating, eh, even babbies to that :-P

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

grrrrrrrrr
- quoting sonic  :evil:

im sure that sonic is the most evil person in the whole world - he is hitler's long lost grandson - and he is directly descended from count dracula

PULL YORSELVES TOGETHER DUMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is just trying to explain the obvious!!!!!!!

it is entirely possible for some lifeless hacker to destroy any 1.2 game!!!!!

GSH has fixed these problems in the 1.3 patches

Q) Why would you continue to use an outdated patch just to be able to jump a ship a bit higher???
A) Because you are a sad critter who cant cope with the notion that you cannot jump high anymore in a game made nearly 10 years ago

GET...........OVER...........IT!!!!!!!!!

(injects 3 tranquliser shots) ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

bigbadbogie

Every single time i spam anything... steeveeo is there straight away!!!!

but seriously -- the only part of that which was spam was the last line

the rest is true

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 09, 2008, 01:00:29 AM
Every single time i spam anything... steeveeo is there straight away!!!!
Its not that Im there whenever you spam, its that you always spam the threads I look at/post in.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

mrtwosheds

As a part of the evolved bz2 player's strategy (infinite) flying has a detrimental affect on the overall game, but it has evolved, and it is fun!