• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Devils Eye

Started by darkwarrior, February 06, 2008, 07:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard

I always thought the new registration system was pretty stupid, I'd much rather we had more moderators to keep an eye on things.

Nielk1

I am thinking of putting a refferal mod on my site so I can keep track of who, if anyone, invites who.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

how does a topic about a guys first map turn into this....?

GOD I LOVE FORUMS!!!!!  :evil:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Lizard

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 08, 2008, 01:54:21 AM
I am thinking of putting a refferal mod on my site so I can keep track of who, if anyone, invites who.

tbh I think the whole thing was designed to prevent anyone else from registering.

Nielk1

I vouched for someone...

Then again, he had neer admin powers on my old site.

Click on the image...

Lizard

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 08, 2008, 02:32:37 AM
I vouched for someone...

Then again, he had neer admin powers on my old site.

the point is someone who's just picked up the game in a bargain bin isn't going to know anyone inside the community so getting someone to vouch for them is near on impossible.

I really think the registration process needs to be reviewed, this current setup is a disaster for the community.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Lizard on February 08, 2008, 02:48:09 AM
the point is someone who's just picked up the game in a bargain bin isn't going to know anyone inside the community so getting someone to vouch for them is near on impossible.

Exactly what I said in the origin thread of the blasted thing! Good thing someone else said it this time, people have a tendancy to totally ignore me for one reason or another...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

lucky_foot

@Darkwarrior,

Hey, if you need some space to host your maps and you know how to use an FTP client, I can give you some room on my server.

Just PM me if you want some and we'll work out the details. :D

Jonathan S.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Don't know about the rest of you peeps, but it seems like I've been spending a lot of time learning other things related to modding for the game; not much time lately posting new stuff. Then there's also real life outside of the community getting in the way. Nice map, DW.

I'm still modding for the game and figure on being here for the long haul though. I'm slowly getting used to Blender but the going is slow as it forces me to use my brain excessively with it's extensive use of the alphabet keys thingy...BNG
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Warfreak

Yes, sorry to be criticizing you on your hosting methods, i looked at the map. Nice work for a first time actually...... keep up the good work.

Who knwos, someone may ask you to make mpas for their mods ;) (That is to say you continue to make maps and while doing so perfect your works)

darkwarrior

Thx warfreak I am glad somebody likes it, I have the link for file front now.

bigbadbogie

its better than my first map -- after that one i learned quickly so good luck with some more maps if you are going to make them
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

im having trouble with map making at the moment so i may as well ask here...

DARN LAYERS! which is the top layer! and which layer do i use to add fine detail?? currently on my blank map i can use a texture but it will appear in squares, which is ugly. i think this got screwed up a while back, but once ive done it, im stuck.

i created a 'blank map' by filling all layers with texture 0. is that a dumb thing to do?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

Welcome to the world of LAYERS. May your sole rest in the knowlage that all your hard work on a map can be messed up by a single little...........LAYER ERROR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry just like to tease... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I notice that lots of people get alittle scared with layers :P

If you look at the layers in my last map "Darkside" you see how complex the matter can get :P

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Nielk1

There are 2 general feeling with the base layer.

Feeling one is make it all one texture aside from places you want a harsh transition like a well kept road though grass.

Feeling two is to make it all the different textures and use the other layers to smooth the boundaries, but this make it look worse if the terrain settings drop to low. However, if they go to low, you can see the different textures at least, and in some cases, like roads, you want this.

Click on the image...