• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Those not so used classes

Started by Nielk1, February 09, 2008, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

theres so much random junk in data.pak
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Not random, they were just looking ahead to when modders would rule :lol:.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

trip mine is the basis of the ...uum, something mine.

it is like proximity mine, but when enemy gets close, it works like flare and spits out another item, then dies.

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

the basis of MITS mine

and it spits out an object - not ordnance
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Teleportal is what the big 'drilling rig' cage thingy in one of the SP missions used.

Gotta wake up some brain cells...

Carl Hooper aka "Freak_o_Nature" actually visited Pandemic back when BZ2 was still alpha.  At that time he was shown some pre-production work that included a teleportation portal and an ISDF Walker.  He or someone he was with did a sketch of what they saw, and I think I've since seen that sketch kicking around somewhere online but I don't have it.    It was a big, rectangular portal and something close to the ISDF Walker.

So, basically, originally there was going to be some post-TRO portal technology involved in the storyline.

There were also going to be missions where you went to find Voyager's crash site, the model's still in the PAK file.

There were also going to be more critters, and weapons like a steerable Comet Cruise missile, and and and...

You know how it is, the game is a big lump of clay and you mold it according to the time and money you have, and the inspirations that hit while you're working on it.  I'm going through that with the Olympians/Hadeans, they change sometimes because they changed...  lol...  change one unit and the change moves through the others, sometimes inspiring you to even further changes.  The code changes (1.3 patch) and suddenly you realize you can do something cool, so you do it.  It's all part of the development process, part art and part business. 

-Av-

Commando

A steerable curise missile would have been awesome.  ETQW has something similar which is one of my favorite weapons in the game.

Nielk1

I just keep wanting a sheepinator.

Click on the image...

DLL can do both.

Oh, I'm sorry OM, I didn't mean to step on your lines... hehe

Seriously, the DLL can look for you to fire a steerable comet, then make it the player object, then wait for detonation, then make your original tank the player object IF it's still around, and if not make your pilot the player object IF it's still around...  and if not end the game.

Same with the sheepinator, it's no different than the MAS grenade, or as Natty calls it the 'Subversion Beam'.

Lol...  when PB4 comes out someone should DLL up a helper module that adds such things...

-Av-

Red Devil

Thinking about porting the portal code to BZ2.  Might be nice to be able to build some (limited and costly) team-specific, destructible portals.  Maybe make them portable portals.

What box???

Steeveeo

Quote from: Red Devil on February 10, 2008, 12:53:47 PM
Thinking about porting the portal code to BZ2.  Might be nice to be able to build some (limited and costly) team-specific, destructible portals.  Maybe make them portable portals.

HW2 style hyperspace gates?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Shieldtower...  OMG how cool would that be with...er...  you know, in 1.3.   :)

I'm thinking a HUGE space map and shieldtowers that toss you half a light year across the map, making it strategic to place actual blockades...   

"Red Devil to base, entering jumpgate"

SPLAT...

:)

-Av-

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

The shield tower creates a square shield. I made one oriented up, but I had to tap it on at an angle and off set it my the radius.

It made a nice bomb umbrella.

I will test the warp gate thing later...

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Shield Tower?  That's not a portal.
What box???

Nielk1

We are referring to using it as a linear accelerator.

Click on the image...