• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

List of things that I want to see in a mod

Started by CivBase, May 19, 2009, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

Added some new things and explained the others.

General BlackDragon

most of that is easily possible. atleast in 1.3

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Quote from: CivBase on May 19, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
--Recycler - This is in many mods.  It's simply a recycler that can be built and moved to a different location for a forward base.
No its not. I have only seen it in SRV, nowhere else.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

CivBase

It is in GH...

Oh, I forgot that was only if your current one dies.  I'll go fix that.

General BlackDragon

Yeah and Stock also has undeploying Recy.

GH varient has a buildable recy.

So does my mod.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

CivBase

Oh whatever, I'm just going to take that off...

The only mods I've ever really played are FE, GH, and Steeveeo's lol

Too many modders...

General BlackDragon

never really released, FSB. Kinda fun to play, wanna try it?

Quote from: mrtwosheds on May 19, 2009, 04:24:37 PM
Got to be careful here a fast constructor could seriously unbalance things.

About this:

The BZC Ancients campaign has the Ancient Olympian Armada, which has a "Field Constructor" for, well, Field Emplacements.  It's very fast and while originally a 'fake' hoverer (Cons aren't real walkers, they just need a couple of 'feet' objects) they're true hovering now that 1.3 supports it.  Much better on water maps now...  :)

Fast is NOT a problem as long as they're weak, and build only light versions of what the big, Base building Cons do.  In this case the job is to create things that harrass and slow the enemy, or hold them off while the main base develops.

Finally,  once you have a full base and can field a tank with Sonic the Scions have a VERY fast Constructor.  Given a small hill and the right aim and timing and you can have a Scion Builder across a map and 'skiing' so fast nobody can stop him.  Give him the build order first and shoot him over to the build site and you can get a GS up somewhere crazy like right behind the enemy Recycler, or on top of a hill nothing else can climb.  (can you tell I love that trick?)  :evil:

It's all in how you balance it...   keep the fast stuff light and weak, the slow stuff heavy and strong, and you're pretty much in line with how most games balance things.

-Av-

CivBase

Nielk1

I have a running mini-cons that blows up real pretty (normal cons explosion, lots of kick) but is really week. Send 100 into an enemy base with orders to demolish the rec and the explosions will do more damage.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Hmm, something I must try in strat, a 4 constructor rush... Build 4 cons tell them to build spires right close to enemy base and then get thugs to sonic 1 in each, at the same time.  :-D