• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Legions of Skaro

Started by EvolutionX, March 20, 2008, 05:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

hmm it might work for the rant-mines...

That thing scares me...

You need a little Doctor model holding up a sonic screwdriver in front of it...

:)

-Av-

Commando

HP_Ear_Left
HP_Ear_Right

weaponMask = 00011
weaponHard1 = "HP_EAR_LEFT"
weaponName1 = "gtalkflash1"

weaponHard2 = "HP_EAR_RIGHT"
weaponName2 = "gtalkflash2"

That might not work in public beta 4.  A change was made and since that change was made, I have been unable to get my custom hardpoint to even show up yet alone fire.

bigbadbogie

did you just say that pb4 is actually taking away features?? now im really confused
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

QuoteYou need a little Doctor model holding up a sonic screwdriver in front of it...
The Daleks have no intention of allowing me to even mention his name, let alone put him in the Mod...

bigbadbogie

i could make a tardis for you - could be a little trouble in making the inside bigger than the outside  :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

anomaly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 23, 2008, 03:10:46 AM
i could make a tardis for you - could be a little trouble in making the inside bigger than the outside  :-P
A little dll portal magic and I think it could be done... :-)

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Commando on March 22, 2008, 06:01:39 PM
That might not work in public beta 4.  A change was made and since that change was made, I have been unable to get my custom hardpoint to even show up yet alone fire.

Yea...why was that done? It's kinda ....buggersome...

*****General BlackDragon*****

The AI sees HP's differently than we do, sometimes not seeing what we see and sometimes seeing things we don't...  so, IOW, you'd have to try it to see...  lol...  darn AI...

-Av-

mrtwosheds

Here's an annoying problem.
I built my new "gun tower", its a low lying platform with sliding trap doors, once constructed the doors open and a Dalek rises up out of it and hovers there, exterminating at will.
As soon as I had made this and tried it in game an odd problem occurred, all the units that share the skin that the GT dalek body has became unlit by bz2 lighting...?(bright white) no team colors.
I changed the skin on the gt (straight copy of the original, just renamed), all the other units are ok again, but the skin on the new gt is still unlit.
I checked all the material values in the model, they are as they should be.
I thought, maybe its because its underground (lights don't work underground) so I raised it up so its not underground, no change and other textures on it are ok underground.
Now I'm just confused, maybe its just a bz2 glitch that will go away if I ignore it for long enough...
Any Idea's?

Name of the texture?

Shouldn't have 'a' as the second from the last character, or confusion with the glowtexture arises.

Might be issues if it's named the same as the MP textures also...

-Av-

bigbadbogie

that happens to anything that is pitch black or at 0% opacity

My BZ2 mods:

mrtwosheds

Texture's are named dalekt00, dalektc0, dalekta0.
There is nothing wrong with the texture, simply removing it from the new gt model caused the other units (scouts) to display correctly.
This is not the first time I have noticed bz2 doing weird things with materials that "are the same" but on different models.
The gt model still has the issue with any (3) texture's.

Quotethat happens to anything that is pitch black or at 0% opacity
If they were pitch black or invisible you would not notice it being fully illuminated by bz2's un-dynamic lighting.

dalekta0 will be used as a glowtexture, see the stickied 'Glowtexture' thread at the top of the forum.

dalektc0 might be confused with the mp textures, which have white areas that are colored teamcolors in MP play.

In other words, you can't use those names...  make sure all have '00' on the end UNLESS you WANT them used as the specialty textures.

If changing the texture doesn't affect the issue then it's some other material setting, such as illuminosity, opacity, that sort of thing...

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Quote from: mrtwosheds on March 24, 2008, 05:07:53 PM
If they were pitch black or invisible you would not notice it being fully illuminated by bz2's un-dynamic lighting.

any unit with a pitch black area and no texture there is strangely turned white during a lightning flash
and also any part of an object that has a texture opacity of 0 and is invisible will be turned white and visible during a lightning flash

try it

My BZ2 mods: