• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Tech Shell Popularity Poll

Started by General BlackDragon, March 26, 2008, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Well, since I actually dont see any kind of poll options...Just tell me what you think:

How many of you would like to see me complete a "tech" shell for PB4? Here's a screenshot of mostly what I have so far. This would be very similar to my "Gothic Shell", but a "Tech Shell".

Do note, this would keep me rather busy and take atleast...2-3 weeks to finish.

What do you all think? Do you want it?

*****General BlackDragon*****

anomaly

Looks very good so far.

You should probably try to fill in those large gray areas with a little detail though.  Maybe use a brushed metal texture.
I really like the circuit board-like lines and aqua green areas in the corners.

Steeveeo

The coloring looks a little too, aqua.

Try greens instead of cyan and lower the brightness of the metal a bit

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Raven

Agreed.
Looks cool so far, darker textured metal and less blazing blue and WOO!

bigbadbogie

hey - bbb like blue-blazing

since the only part of bz2 modding i cant do for s**t is iface cfg options, i say go for it!!

otherwise i would probably try something like that
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

I think it looks good the way it is, but agree with Steeveeo and Raven about darkening it.

Maybe a shell changer program like Boj did with Starfleet?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Steeveeo

If you need me to whip up a brushed metal texture, I can make a good one

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Zero Angel

The shell might look better like this
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

Uuuuum. 1: I've added more "dark" gray to the light gray since that pic was taken, and

ZA...uum???? what? I see no differance...

Raven

Red Devil

The color doesn't fit.  Needs to look military, nuts and bolts, muddy, worn, rough, etc.
What box???

anomaly

Nuts, bolts and a worn feel don't really fit the idea of this shell which is more high tech. 

Hmm... actually, maybe a few bolts would look good on the brown part, make it look like a shiny brass window fitting with glowing gas behind it.

Oh, and just a question, not a suggestion but, is it possible to change the scrolling background cloud texture to something else?

Raven

As far as I know you cannot change the fact that it is smoke, but you can make it invisible easily enough.

mrtwosheds

Nice!
do you have a plugin to make those nice polygon shapes or is it all hard work?

General BlackDragon

Uuum. Well, I take the rectangle selection tool, and "draw" each one as a selection box in a new layer. Then i render with clouds with w/e color, and use various filter effects. so...Hard