• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Tech Shell Popularity Poll

Started by General BlackDragon, March 26, 2008, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

Oh, and just a question, not a suggestion but, is it possible to change the scrolling background cloud texture to something else?

That's vsmoke.tga, if I remember correctly.

-- GSH

Raven

QUE? What else uses vsmoke? I don't think you can change it to use a different texture can you?

General BlackDragon

No, but u might could change vsmoke.tga to be...ooh, say...dancing puppies? hmm ideas...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

then all the stock spherebased effects would contain dancing puppies

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

i was wondering why the qf shell had a wierd cloud texture, well i guess i know now since i changed vsmoke.tga
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Raven

Dang so its used quite a bit... Blah no dancing puppies for us

General BlackDragon

Well...You could always make the renders use smoke.tga...

GSH

The cone spotlight is also hardwired to vsmoke.tga.

No, I don't think this is the greatest design.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Any chance of un-hardwiring these, or adding 2 more smoke textures, 1 for interface and 1 for light cones?

Click on the image...

GSH

I'll consider that, but any mod that overrode vsmoke.tga will suddenly not work as expected.

A lot of problems are trivial if backward compatability isn't an issue.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

I believe he ment adding 2 new textures and changing the ones the shell and lightcone use to point to the new ones. Thus not effecting vsmoke.tga. (ATM I am unaware of any mods using this for those 2 items)

Red Devil

I found 122 1.2 and 1.3 files that use vsmoke.tga
What box???

Nielk1

Like ismoke.tga for interface and lsmoke.tga for the light cones. Then anything using the vsmoke.tga texture would still have it, and anything that is hardwired and never changed. Mainly, the ismoke.tga since it is clearly engine hard coded and something many mods might want to change.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Worked on the Ammo/Health bars today...

bigbadbogie

So pwity!!

What happens when you use a higher or lower screen res??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com