• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Calculus in 20 Minutes

Started by Red Devil, April 11, 2008, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anomaly

Quote from: mrtwosheds on April 12, 2008, 05:36:12 PM
Rant.
Who ever thought that using a mouse was a good way to create accurate 3d shapes was a total n*b! I hope his arms fall off.
One of the reasons I have stuck with my odd lithunwrap building technique, is that apart from selecting/scaling in the UV map window, everything else is numerically controlled. its so much easier to type 1.0 than it is to drag a vertex to an accuracy of six decimal places without any clear measurements. 
Who said you had to use a mouse for precisely placing points?  I'm pretty sure all modelers allow you to also move points by specifying coordinates or typing in something like +5 to move it over 5 units.  Also, you can usually switch on a setting that snaps all points to adjustable intervals, which would be handy with a mouse.

Spawn

Sounds like he's an Acad personality type...

I told my boss I can DO Autocad, but I prefer 3D Studio.

He asked me what the difference was...

I said to an Autocad person that box has to be 3.452317 long, whereas a 3D Studio person drags the mouse a bit and says "That looks about right...".   :)

Autocad is for engineers, 3D studio is for artists.  The mouse is a paintbrush, not a slide rule...  in most parametric Cad packages you can drag/slide the basics with the mouse and then, if absolutely necessary, adjust the values afterward.  (I admit, I've done it, made that 1.0057 into 1.0...  I just feel ashamed afterward... ).

-Av-

Nielk1

This is the whole reason we have mice: Grr, cant find the 'first mouse' vs joystick at NASA vid. [2]

Click on the image...