• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MOD THIS...

Started by Avatar, April 14, 2008, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lol...  I've seen a lot of things around here but this is still a challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ty-1zWsXFNs&hl=en

I want my WMG!!!   :)   lol...

-Av-

Warfreak

OH MY GOD!!!!!!  :-o

ITS BASICALLY A DEATH STAR BEAM!!! (only, scaled down)

Nielk1

The name Wave Motion Gun always sounded more like a sustained beam to me. One that would pulse to keep it self going, like a wave. The real WMG looks more like a taser from hell.

Click on the image...

Star Blazers started it all back in the 70's...

Space Opera at it's finest, it had Earth about to be wiiped out, weapons that punched through ships (railgun), hyperspace jumps, blue skinned aliens, all those things we expect from low budget sci-fi nowadays...  :)

The Wave Motion Gun was actually just the Wave Motion Engine routed through the ship in one massive energy burst.  That clip is the first time they used it, thinking they were going to take out an enemy base located on a floating continent-sized chunk of rock in orbit around Jupiter.

Instead it takes out the whole rock, creating a vortex below it that almost sucks in the ship.  After that they're a little more careful when they use the WMG, making sure they're further away when they fire...

Video game weapons should have a 'precharge', then a 'charge', then a 'fire', then a 'postcharge', then a 'cooldown' effects cycle... each of which should have it's own particle effects, animation, damage, etc..

Ready the Wave Motion Gun!!!   :)

-Av-

Nielk1

I requested the ability to set an add local ammo delay, where if the local ammo hit zero it would wait the set time before beginning to refill. Like that, an overheating weapon could be made.

Click on the image...