• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Need help!!! Please

Started by battler, April 15, 2008, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

It just hit me.  :-)

Found some more problems and fixed them.  AIP's are chosen correctly and switch reliably now.  Now I'm working an a flaky error.  Might be map-related.
What box???

Red Devil

Okay, I uploaded a fix.  See main sticked thread.
What box???

lucky_foot

Quote from: battler on April 16, 2008, 05:46:00 AM
:lol:
OK!! It works!!! I thank you for this BIGBIGBIG help!!!
I need 6 hour before, than i found this board and think to myselfe, this people can help me, or nobody.

THANK YOU!!!!

PS: On the German key it is CTRL ^  its the science left from the key one (1)

OK. Thanks!!!

Gutentag und willkommen!

Your english is a lot better then my german. IIch verstehe, dann besser deutsch sprechen.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Jonathan S.

battler

Thanks to all.

I found my mistake if done. I must not choose (change) an recycler type in a mp game. It will be not work cause the aip  build up, exactly he woudnt bild a constructor. If refused it standard, it will be working.

And to your question,

It is nice to stay here!!!!

BZ forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Red Devil

PB4 takes care of that little problem and a lot more.

Also, we found out that G66 runs very well in PB4 too.
What box???

TheJamsh

has AI been improved in PB4 at all?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

lol

good good. i hopes so :D damn i cant wait for it now... sounds like it wont be long and we shall have it =]

GSH

It depends on "better AI." If you mean "tactically" -- as in, how it fights & drives -- changing this makes certain people whine. On a strategic level, yes, AIPs are better. On a warping around in MW, this is also reduced.

-- GSH

lucky_foot

Listen to the programmer

<points and GSH>

All I can say about the whole patch. "Yehhaaaa!"

<Of course from both the Modder and player view. ;) >
Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

well i mean basic AI problems really, just silly things that need to be messed with. some of it i guess is too much work or cant be done.

stupid gut tower AI programs. they should prioritise targets based on certain variables if you ask me.

jsut general in-combat things, the way units group and move out, judge their surroundings especially with reghards to terrain

Red Devil

All better.  You'll have to add the new ODF settings to units to see the improvements though.  The ChangeLog and Commando's ModLog will  be the best ways to see all the additions/improvements.
What box???

GSH

stupid gut tower AI programs. they should prioritise targets based on certain variables if you ask me.

And this is exactly what I was mentioning above. If scavs no longer distracted GTs, a very vocal segment of the community would whine like crazy.

-- GSH

One man's pleasure is another man's poison...  :)

Seriously, folks, it's ridiculously easy to make AI that just walk all over humans.  Remember, they know where you are, what you're doing, what you've got for units, weapons, buildings, etc..  Knowledge is power, and they know everything...

The can outbuild, outshoot, outlast, and outmaneuver you and that's without taking into consideration that they cheat like crazy...  they don't need scrap, can build ships with a Constructor and don't care about build requirements.  How do you think they roll AssTanks against you five minutes into a Dunes match?

So when you complain that GT's aren't all they could be, remember you'll be on the other side of them when attacking the enemy...   :)

-Av-

TheJamsh

well when i say that, i mean to say targets based on:

distance from gun tower
health of targets
weapons on targets
speed of target
type of target

you know the things WE would think about

let me put you in a scenario

CURRENT GUN TOWER AI "ill just lazily lock onto this stray scavenger while this overdone Titan wheels its way closer to me"

SENSIBLE HUMAN "oop a stray scavenger, BUT OMG LOOK AT THIS ENORMOUS MAULER PACK COMING RIGHT AT ME IM GOING TO DIE MAYBE I SHOULD SHOOT THEM FIRST"

i dont think people would complain iof there guntowers shot that way. and they could always revert to a little UsePB4Targeting = 0 or somethig if not =]

please excuse my chatroom type vocabulary...