• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4 request, short one.

Started by Steeveeo, April 20, 2008, 02:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

I am familiar with way things work in the commercial IT world GSH. I used to be a Software tester... (this is a ... with real unspoken meaning!)

Red Devil

I was wondering about that.  Just having it shoot off lots of little ordnances with explosions, kinda like the splinter mortar thingy I made.

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on April 21, 2008, 03:05:12 PM
Actually if you look at many game engines there is no such support for things like that, they usually fudge it by having the death of something spawn other little things that have no mesh, but who's life ends after a delay and will cause other effects to happen at time delayed sets.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

What box???

mrtwosheds

GSH

Looking at the code, explosions last two turns (1/10 second at default). First turn, they go boom. Second turn, they get deleted. Harder to chain anything with that.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

are we basically talking about delaying effects from when the explosion begins stored in the same explosion file?

GSH, you must love this game to stick around so much =D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.