• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

.ogg problems

Started by bigbadbogie, April 22, 2008, 11:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Your sound card is imploding...

Click on the image...

lucky_foot

1. From what I've gathered, .ogg is available in pb3, but not fully stable, will be definently stable in PB4.

2. It sounds like your graphics card. My suggestion is sending the mod out to your beta testers and see if they experience the same issues.

Jonathan S.

General BlackDragon

okay, wrong and wrong...

1: whats the name of the sound

2: Where is it used? EXACTLY

*****General BlackDragon*****

lucky_foot

Jonathan S.

General BlackDragon

*looks back to see what u said*...

yes, 1: ogg's work fine in pb3 afaik.

2: what does graphics card have to do with sound?

lucky_foot

ROFLOL,

That was me being an idiot. I was looking over at my graphics card the same time I was typing. I meant to say sound card, but the wrong word was typed. :D :D :D
Jonathan S.

General BlackDragon

Ah, okay...thought something like that might have happened  :evil:

But yea...hmm, but since he replaced it with a normal wav sound, it implies that the sound is in a location that is ...erm...not possible in BZ? or he did something wrong modding wise? I'd have to look at it to tell if it's a modders error or the game itself.

bigbadbogie

YAY I FIXED IT!!!

i also discovered that if the filename is over 11 characters (not including the .ogg) then it strangely exits after the sound is finished - no exception error either, it just says that bzone.exe has a encountered a problem and needs to close
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com