• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BETA For PB5.1

Started by Red Devil, April 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Uploaded a Beta 39 zip:

- Added sun movement.  Sun rises, sets, and stars come out when sun goes down.
- Added the ability to pick the mission start time or use default of no sun movement.
What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

# 1 rule in this thread should be taken from the Miranda rights...

"Anything you say can and WILL be held against you on Mire, or Rend, or Bane... "   :)

-Av-

Red Devil

heh

It gets a little too dark, so i'll lighten things up a bit for nighttime.
What box???

General BlackDragon

NO! I like the dark! it makes it fun and challenging! I just tried a game at night, 3 missile scouts and 2 scouts spawned with me when i started, fought them in the dark just fine, and deployed rec with 20% health :D

But then i got buttmunched by 2 interceptors coming in from the side :-/

ScarleTomato

Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 19, 2009, 09:01:51 AM
Hey RD, you should include MM5 launcher file for option. :)
save this as g6620.bzm in your root folderBZ2MM5
DName("G66 2.0");
RequireFile("g6620.cfg");
Replace("bzone.cfg","g6620.cfg","config.bak");
it should keep working with all versions

General BlackDragon

yes i made one. But some people dont know how to make one.

ScarleTomato

yeah that's why i posted it here. i was gonna post an actual file but my ftp isn't working for some reason.

the new daytime/nighttime feature is awesome. i agree with GBD. the night should be strait black. gives an awesome excuse to use sitecam. very fun. i did find a glitch in the fog color though. If i start out at night its fine, but if i start out in the day then the night has a black sky and black ambient color but the fogColor is still white/grey. neever mind, it finally switched about 55 minutes in.

oh and the ambientColor doesn't seem to translate over to clients if they join mid-game. but that really doesn't seem all too critical.

General BlackDragon

hmm... I vote to try to translate the current timestep to clients. Otherwise some people might seem delusional :D

Also maybe make some special attacks for night time? stealth units anyone?  :evil:

ScarleTomato

i think i agree. it does give the new clients an advantage if they enter during the night. Turns out the sky and fog color do get sent. Realized this after the fog finally changed.
Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 24, 2009, 11:21:35 AMAlso maybe make some special attacks for night time? stealth units anyone?  :evil:
man, you're gonna get us killed! :P

might be nice to add some really bright spotlights on the guntowers

Red Devil

Fixed the stars not coming out when joining at night or turning off when starting during the day.

I've added some missing settings for startup, so that may help.

I've increased the rate at which it gets darker/lighter during sunset/sunrise.

I've increased the rate at which the planet "rotates", so days and nights will be shorter.

I'm working on NVG's.

What box???

Red Devil

- Working on randomizing rain now.  Thunderstorms at night look and feel cool.  :-)

- Added a new weapon and reduced damage done by Subversion Beam.

- Finally added teamfilters to the rest of the missiles.

- Increased number of shots for pilot's subversion beam.

What box???

Red Devil

Forgot to say that the sunrise/sunset thing works on stock maps when playing them using G66 2.0, too.
What box???

Red Devil

Uploaded a Beta 40:

- Fixed the stars not coming out when joining at night or turning off when starting during the day.

- Added some missing settings for startup, so that may help with the lights changing.

- Increased the rate at which it gets darker/lighter during sunset/sunrise.

- Increased the rate at which the planet "rotates", so days and nights will be shorter.

- I'm working on NVG's.

- Added/randomized rain.  Thunderstorms at night look and feel cool.  smiley

- Added a new weapon.

- Reduced damage done by Subversion Beam.

- Finally added teamfilters to the rest of the missiles.

- Increased number of shots for pilot's subversion beam.
What box???