• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BETA For PB5.1

Started by Red Devil, April 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

I added a special for the night lights.
What box???

Red Devil

Here's some DLLs to use for debugging the AV caused by wrong DPID [edit: when playing online with someone else in the game besides the server/host].  Just unzip/drag them to your G66 2.0\Missions folder.

If you get an AV, please post the pertinent messages found in the log.

G66 2.0 Test DLLs  <<===== DOWNLOAD LINK   .zip version  560.0 KB
What box???

Red Devil

I found a dumb cut-and-paste error - of mine - which should fix the crash.  (link added to main first post, too)

EXTRACT TO THE G66 2.0\MISSIONS FOLDER.

G66 2.0 Test DLLs  <<===== DOWNLOAD LINK   .zip version  561.0 KB
What box???

Red Devil

Verified that this fix fixed the crash.
What box???

DraconisMarch

I'm having problems getting it to start at all.  I get the following error message when I try to start it:

'Unable to find and/or execute initial config file 'G6620.cfg'.  This may be caused by a corrupted installation or a misconfigured working directory.  If this is unexpected, please try uninstalling BZ2 and reinstalling.'

I followed the installation instructions to the letter.  Upon first installing it, I made sure the aforementioned file was where it was supposed to be, but it didn't work.  I tried installing that file alone again, and it still doesn't work.  Help please!

PS:  I'm using version 41 if that helps at all.

Red Devil

What box???

DraconisMarch

Red Devil

What box???

DraconisMarch

Exactly how it should've been.

1.  Fresh instance of BZ2 1.3pb5.
2.  Saved G66 2.0.
3.  Created new folder in root directory called "G66 2.0".
4.  Unzipped all files there.
5.  Created shortcut as described.
6.  Ran shortcut.  Got error.

Red Devil

The zip is to be unzipped/dragged to the root folder of your BZ2 install, not all into the G66 2.0 folder.
What box???

Red Devil

Uploaded a new Beta 42 zip.  See first post in thread for download link.

- Fixed raging horde of units attacking. (DLL) 
- Fixed Factory name after Rec destruction.
- Changed sound of Fury Scout.
- Added/Modified .TRN files for later use.
- Moved CPU/AI settings from page 4 to page 3.
- Removed Siege Cannon from most ISDF Assault Tanks Handed out via DLL now. Also reset costs, etc.
- Tweaked AIPs.
What box???

Red Devil

Uploaded tweaked Beta 42 DLLs.  Forgot to undo the debugging info which spammed the console.  Unzip over the previous ones.
What box???

DraconisMarch

Quote from: Red Devil on December 16, 2009, 03:13:18 PM
The zip is to be unzipped/dragged to the root folder of your BZ2 install, not all into the G66 2.0 folder.

That fixed it.  Thanks!  :-D

Love what little I've played of it so far.  The fast dog fights are really fun - especially with 32 bots.  But the Scorpion is a little too literal.  Just looks like a giant, flying version of the real thing.

Are the custom units here available in MPI too?

Also, is there any way to get the G66 maps in instant action?

Red Devil

The Scorpion was made by Lizard (I think) and the other custom units are SquareEyes' creation (I think).  They are available to the AI.

Found a couple more DLL-related things, so I'll post a DLL later.
What box???

francopc

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: xD Very nice this ! =) well where i found a good server ? i play in a server and in this have 5 games xD max 7 :S why ? XD where i found more games ?XD.... I am new and i don't speak englesh XD