• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BETA For PB5.1

Started by Red Devil, April 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been asking for that for like 3 or 4 years. You totally rock dude!
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

Welllllll, I want to limit how often it shoots, but hopping in and out of a craft resets it, so I'm limiting its range.
What box???

Red Devil

Uploading Beta 24 now.

- Subversion rifle added to Scion Stronghold/Kiln/Forge and ISDF Armory/Factory.
What box???

AHadley

TopGun

I do not know what is wrong with my BZ2. I patched a fresh install of BZ2 with 1.3PB5.1 and then extracted the G66 V24 into the root and created the shortcut and edited just like my TA5 shortcut that works. And when I try to launch it I get a BZ2 error code. But I tried G66 V23 and it worked fine.

What could be wrong? Please help.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

TopGun

Never mind. I got it working. I had a program running that was conflicting with BZ2.

TopGun

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: Red Devil on September 10, 2009, 12:24:24 AM
Subversion rifle

What does a Subversion rifle do? It has minimal damage and a long charge time... No uses I can think of.

EDIT: G66 mod probblem: Infantry keep entering empty vehicles (when you hop out to go into relay/factory) and when you want them to exit you press pick me up but when they hop out you can no longer control them...(Buh bye 10 scrap). Rather spoils the fun of infantry.
Avatars make my profile look fat...

VSMIT

Quote from: Scav-Avenger on September 11, 2009, 02:52:19 AM
What does a Subversion rifle do? It has minimal damage and a long charge time... No uses I can think of.
Try it and find out.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScarleTomato

Quote from: VSMIT on September 11, 2009, 07:01:18 AM
Try it and find out.
sounds like he did. I gotta say i modded my pilot so he took no damage and had a ton of ammo and shot and shot and never could get the gun spire to flip.

@scav-avenger it's supposed to turn an enemy into a friendly, but i guess there's a really low chance of it occuring.

Axeminister

It is supposed to convert enemy ships to your team and only work on units at this point. And yes it probably won't work every time. I remember the 1.2G66 version never worked every time. Only the enemy had it and it would either do damage or convert. I tried the rifle last night but never converted anything because I was missing moving enemy units or just wasn't in the right place at the right time. We only played one game, try it out some more. Red Devil asked me to shoot a Titan with it, I was never able to do that. Sounds like fun.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

I realized last night that the reason the original fired 15 salvos was that that gave the DLL time to recognize that a unit had been hit.  Trouble is, I had removed the salvos and gave the rifle only one shot, so I changed it back.   :roll:

Also, when shooting at Gun Spires/Gun Towers, Rocket Towers, Rocket Spires  (classLabel = "turret"), it randomizes a flag and - if that flag is true at the outcome - it then checks for subversion.

Also, once you shoot a unit and it doesn't subvert, it won't let you subvert it with further attempts.

That's Natty for you.   8-)
What box???

Red Devil

Ulploaded/linked Beta 25:

- Fixed the Subversion Rifle(I think).  Please test in MP.

- Tweaked AI Siege Tank.

- Tweaked cfg's.

- Tweaked Bombers and APCs so they won't fly through hills (unless there's a short gap between them; then it just clips them a bit).
What box???

Red Devil

Sorry, missed a file.  If you downloaded it before now, re-downloaded it.
What box???

TopGun

New Version Zip does not have the .cfg in it.

TopGun

Red Devil

Oops.  That's what happens when a fellow has company coming over in an hour and still has sketti to make.   :roll:

New testers, the cfg can be downloaded from the link below the main download link.

I'm adding the fast ships to a big DM map for the next zip.  Yes, the AI will use them, too.  :evil:

What box???