• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does anyone know a guide for the SF mod.

Started by darkwarrior, March 02, 2008, 05:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

I need to know I guide for the Starfleet mod, for it is kinda confusing. I mostly have trouble with building, I dont get all the steps with the mod

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

Have you checked out the website for the info you're looking for? I've played the mod and what sets it a part from just about every other mod is the extra function of upgrading buildings to more advanced features. I think my favorite are the scion upgraded buildings, but the isdf have some pretty nasty upgrades as well including gun towers that can kill you from out of nowhere. What you might try doing in the 1.2 version is select the mod in mod manager 5, enable the editor function in the command line options, and start a game. Then build high walls around your base to slow down the enemy (some ai will still get over the walls but it will allow you to build your base with sufficient defenses to repel most of the attacks and allow the ai to build their base as well. Then in the map editor you can use the object eyedrop tool to experiment with the different ships, buildings, and other equipment used by the mod. Just remember to change the team to team 1 or 0 as if you don't then the eyedropped objects will begin to destroy your base quite easily as many of the weapons in the game are super powered types from my rec-a-lec-tion. Still, it will allow you quite a bit of time to play around and experiment with the stuff from both  sides of the battlefield. This would also allow you to test the weaknesses and strengths of every thing in the mod to help you formulate defensive and offensive strategies to defeat the enemy.

Personally, I also spawn one of my tankdragon flying types and fly a recon mission near enemy positions to feel out their defenses. Let me know if you want tankdragon model and I'll upload it to filefront in zip format so you can unzip it into your addon folder; it's not very fast, but makes a excellent recon aircraft.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Spawn

Sonic took down the website, or most of it at least.

Sonic

I took down the SFMOD section of the site a long time ago since it wasn't being updated. But if there is a demand for it... http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/sfmod

Just remember, that content has NOT been updated in over 2 years.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Nielk1

I'd love to get a nice big fat wiki page on that mod.

Click on the image...

Sonic

Well, what is up on the website is all I have. I didn't make the mod. Boj came to me for help on certain things but I have no clue how the 'finished' product works. Your best bet for information would be Tempest Storm.

Just an FYI, if Boj and/or Tempest comes back wanting to actively work on the mod again, I have no issue giving them a subdomain (sfmod.starfleetplatoon.com) to use.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

General BlackDragon

yea. I have a SF mod i've tweaked to work with pb3....barely. Still needs work...

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

it was good fun, and had an abomination of new units, mostly threed jobs though :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 29, 2008, 03:11:56 PM
it was good fun, and had an abomination of new units, mostly threed jobs though :D

In the time that the SF mod was made, Threed was all there was. ;) Your blessed to work in the present age of BZ modeling where a lot of people have made tools for us to use. Most modding doesn't have tools ;)
Jonathan S.