• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

CPP Open GL Code file format question.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, May 19, 2008, 04:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

3DEX supports this conversion format and it loads nicely in MS C++ Express, but is it of any real use especially in regards to BZII? Just thought that I'd inquire out of pure curiosity as I'm just beginning to start learning about the C++ language and how it might be useful for our beloved game...BNG Sorry to ask so many silly asp questions.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

C++ is probably the last step you make in learning to mod bz2 - dont get too far ahead or you will miss the other little things that you need to know
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

I should probably get around to learning C++ soon...but im lazy :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Angstromicus

I'd say two of the easiest ways to start learning C++ are:

1) Take computer science in college.

AND / OR

2) Get a book on C++ (not an online guide, but a TEXTBOOK!). Trust me, it's just more motivating that way.

OvermindDL1

College's usually teach programming languages the complete wrong way...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 19, 2008, 11:28:43 AM
College's usually teach programming languages the complete wrong way...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Just look at me... (agree)

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Actually, I have a feeling I'm going to mostly learn little snippets here and there rather then become anything close to proficient in C++ or any other language unfortunatley. Modding for BZII is a combination of artistry and technical know how. Some modelers may never make an actual mod, but will more then likily assist others in getting their mods completed. Putting a mod together is a colaborative effort for the most part. Same thing applies to learning stuff like using a 3d modeler, a paint program, or any other modeling tool....
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.