• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

can a pilot fire two ordnance from the same weapon at the same time?

Started by TheJamsh, May 10, 2008, 08:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

can i get any pilot to use a weapon that fires 2 different ordnance AT THE SAME TIME? in combat or assault mode? they MUST fire at the same time and MUST be differnet. i want to fire a popper and a missile at the same time.

(im tryign to simulate the javelin rocket launcher from COD4, the missile will explode about 5 metres in front of the player and send a white trail straight up, while the popper will fire invisibly into the air and then launch another rocket down on the target)

using the rocket launcher XSI BTW (i can add hp's and that if needed in threed)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

Thought you kindof knew stuff....meh...

each weapon needs to be a diff weapon line. So just double up the weapons in the pilot file...like this:

weaponMask = 00001
weaponHard1 = "HP_HAND_1"
visualHard1 = "HP_DOCK_H"
weaponAssault1 = 0
weaponName1 = "WEAPON1GFILE"

weaponHard2 = "HP_HAND_1"
visualHard2 = "HP_DOCK_H"
weaponAssault2 = 0
weaponName2 = "WEAPON2GFILE"

weaponHard3 = "HP_HAND_1"
visualHard3 = "HP_DOCK_H"
weaponAssault3 = 1
weaponName3 = "WEAPON1GFILE"

weaponHard4 = "HP_HAND_1"
visualHard4 = "HP_DOCK_H"
weaponAssault4 = 1
weaponName4 = "WEAPON2GFILE"

weaponHard5 = "HP_PACK_1"
visualHard5 = "HP_DOCK_P"
weaponAssault5 = 0
weaponName5 = "WHATEVERPACKWEAPON"

This is the *ONLY* way you can ever fire two DIFFERENT ordinence at the same time.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

i do but the trouble is, i have many differnet pilots. using differnet XSI's, i had an ida like this but wasnt sure if i thought itd work

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

Quotecan i get any pilot to use a weapon that fires 2 different ordnance AT THE SAME TIME?
Other than the technique above, the answer is no.