• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

XSI notepad editor tutorial

Started by TheJamsh, May 22, 2008, 05:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

are they any about...

i need to scale something up if thats possible. i want to make a pair of treads ten times there current size NOT scaling the rest of the model for deployment trouble reasons

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

AFAIK thats not possible to do in notepad...without understanding every single line (cough)

I can import something into max, scale it for you, and re export it.

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

Can it be done in the ODF file with the geometryScale = thingy?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

You need to scale the model components in what ever modelling program you use.
This cannot the done in threed (bz2me) Or in notepad (unless you are some sort of numerical genius)

anomaly

Just use the transform matrix listed at the top of each frame in notepad.  Quite useful for scaling and rotating.

Say it's :
FrameTransformMatrix {
      0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000;;
( thats just an identity matrix so that example currently does nothing to the frame)

and you want to double the size. Change it to this:
FrameTransformMatrix {
      0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000;;

Edit:  Sorry, just tested that and actually, that doesn't work for scaling in bz2.  Works in Threed but for some reason not in bz2.  Using the transform matrix for rotation does work, though, in bz2.

Oddly enough, I tried just changing the fourth 1 in the matrix to a 2 to see what that does.  In threed, the frame shrank by a factor of 2 and also moved the frame down a bit (a think towards the origin of the coordinate plane.  This probably meant it scaled each coordinate in relation to the origin of the entire model, not the center of the frame as my above method was supposed to do).  Also, only the perspective view of the model was affected.

What was weird was that in bz2, when I was placing the unit while still in the editor, the model did show the altered frame.  However, as soon as I exited the editor, the frame snapped back to its correct position and size.  Note: the first method with three 2's did not show any alterations in the editor.

General BlackDragon

sounds like there's an anim file forcing it back to proper size...

GreenHeart

Quote from: anomaly on May 22, 2008, 08:31:19 PM
Edit:  Sorry, just tested that and actually, that doesn't work for scaling in bz2.  Works in Threed but for some reason not in bz2.

The FrameTransformMatrix does affect bz2's scale,rotation, and nomals(positive\negative values).   I have the full xsi information that used to be on fishdotXSI but i haven't fully converted it to be posted  in the articles section on www.bzcommand.com.  Also the animation for that object can affect the FrameTransformMatrix but scaling animation don't work since i haven't gotten that part to work.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Tanks for the web link GH. Look forward to seeing the information posted as well.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

http://www.mediafire.com/?y97oyf0cx2u

thanks GBD if you can do that itd be fantastic, if possible can you scale the 'ship' part of the model down to 10% of its original size? (that will help me later also). but keep the treads etc the same size?

im hoping with larger treads the model will deploy much easier

TheJamsh

anomaly

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 23, 2008, 07:43:11 AM
sounds like there's an anim file forcing it back to proper size...
No, that can't be it as the model I was using (ivtank00.xsi, editing the turret frame) has no animations.

TheJamsh

backt o my original question... is their an XSI notepad tutorial available?

mrtwosheds

Quoteis their an XSI notepad tutorial available?
No.
Just examine one carefully, don't get word blinded by all the numerical values.

General BlackDragon

If it looks like gibberish, don't worry about it.

Only the section headers and animation sections are nessecarry to understand.