• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Steeveeo's Recycler Variant version 2.20 released!

Started by Steeveeo, May 26, 2008, 08:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

Well, if building X requires buildings: A, B, C, D, and E

And building C, also requires building E. Then doesnt it make sense to have for the requirements "A, B, C, D" since in order to build C you need building E?

Or just lower one of the requirements. Like removing the factory requirement, since, for example, the armoury and service bay already require one.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

VSMIT

But what happens if the opponent hits your base and takes out the factory and missile silo, but you kill them before they can kill your armory and service bay?  You could still build the silo without having to build the factory first.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero Angel

True. It would make sense then, to instead exclude the easiest requirement to meet. For example in situations where the building requires an armoury, tech center, factory, missile silo, and service bay. You could exclude the armoury, because the player will most likely go for the armoury before trying to build the advanced missiles (not to mention that loss of the armoury prevents building of these things anyways, and that most units, most likely the ones that will use them, require an armoury in order to be built in the first place).

On the other hand, if the player doesnt have a factory -- and he tries to build the adv missiles, and it displays the other requirements BUT the factory, but he still cant build it. Then I would assume that they would assume "DUH! I guess I should make a factory"

The small caveat will not be noticed by most players, if its set up that way, and if they do find a way that the limitation is found and obvious, they simply need to refer to the readme anyways.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

off that point... wouldnt it be better to put this stuff into a .PAK file and use a new CFG for it? thats what im gonna do with my download, its causing asset problems with my own mod installed on the same directory

Nielk1

Your mod is likely not an always on mod like SRV is. Is it?

The idea is with SRV installed you can still play stock games.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 01, 2008, 11:55:05 AM
The idea is with SRV installed you can still play stock games.

And apparantly it also works with g66, I've seen games up that have that on.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

cool. um i discovered one problem... steeveeo AIPS dont work on my stock version... i have NO idea why. i capture three pools, the ai recycler builds a few scouts then just stops. gets no further. same with anything steeveeo written in next to it.

shame really =[

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on June 02, 2008, 06:17:17 AM
cool. um i discovered one problem... steeveeo AIPS dont work on my stock version... i have NO idea why. i capture three pools, the ai recycler builds a few scouts then just stops. gets no further. same with anything steeveeo written in next to it.

shame really =[
Put this in the bug report with full info and I'll try to figure out what happened.

TheJamsh

Steeveeo

http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?topic=2115.0

Use that and report as MUCH info as possible (preferably following the format).